The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Selling Carroll and replacing him with Ba and then Cisse (not to mention funding Cabaye etc) is one of the best things we've ever done. Everybody was gutted at the time, but if you in hindsight still wish we'd got to experience the last 18 months without that happening then you're a bit mental. Nee offence.

I was just reflecting on what could have been, not actually wishing that we reversed the last 18 months and never sold him.

Fair enough like, but it it makes me cringe just thinking about a parallel universe where we never sold him.

No Cissé... probably no Ba or Cabaye... *shudder*

If we want a traditional centre forward I'd still take Ba over Carroll for that role, less trouble and mentally stronger, and a better footballer. Can't see the need for 2 of that type, I want a striker who can play in a front 3 now.

Ba is 3 times the player Carroll is and ever will be. People may laugh but Best is better than Carroll and as a footballer, so is Shola.

Sour grapesque  :crazy2:

Eh?

Ba 3x the player Carroll is, and best and shola also better than him? Absolute drivel.

Big Andy polarize opinion, but he is still a very good forward. Unfortunately Liverpool fail to capitalize on his strengths with Stewart Downing the 0 goal/0 assist winger, also he has looked a bit lost for them this season.

Give Carroll two good wingers and proper service and he will be a consistent 15-20 goals a year forward.

Just so you know Carroll had one of the worst chance conversation percentages in the league last season.

If we want a traditional centre forward I'd still take Ba over Carroll for that role, less trouble and mentally stronger, and a better footballer. Can't see the need for 2 of that type, I want a striker who can play in a front 3 now.

Ba is 3 times the player Carroll is and ever will be. People may laugh but Best is better than Carroll and as a footballer, so is Shola.

Sour grapesque  :crazy2:

Eh?

Ba 3x the player Carroll is, and best and shola also better than him? Absolute drivel.

Big Andy polarize opinion, but he is still a very good forward. Unfortunately Liverpool fail to capitalize on his strengths with Stewart Downing the 0 goal/0 assist winger, also he has looked a bit lost for them this season.

Give Carroll two good wingers and proper service and he will be a consistent 15-20 goals a year forward.

Just so you know Carroll had one of the worst chance conversation percentages in the league last season.

It can be difficult to catch his eye when you pass him by with all that hair, tbf.

Pretty much 1-0 with Rodgers sticking it in the back of his own net.

Couldn't have handled the Carroll situation any worse than he has, Carroll has to leave now, and probably for next to nowt.

More of this please Brendan. :)

Is it possible that Brendan is more of a mess than Dalglish?

whatever else may be said about Dalglish he at least was tactically flexible not fixated on one strategy and one strategy alone as Rogers appears to be.

Still think its a shame we never got to experience how good Carroll could have been at 25 still with the 9 on his back and dripping with confidence from being the trinket of the newcastle team.

Water under the bridge perhaps but even if we now have "better" strikers, there was something about the whole Carroll saga which broke me in terms of loyalties and fotballers. Last man on earth I`d expect to leave.

Ah well, history I guess.

:tobey:

Shows he's not a pushover or a yes-man to me. He doesn't think he can fit him in so he makes the decision to get rid straight away.

Bit daft that they have weakened their hand but in a football sense if he doesn't think it can work then it's the right decision to get rid. Manager is managing.

Seems like he's trying too hard to put his stamp on the team early.

Carroll was showing signs of improvement, he's much better than any CF Rodgers had at Swansea, I would give him a go. Obviously it's up to him, but I don't see why he's so keen to move him on right now.

Guest bimpy474

Shows he's not a pushover or a yes-man to me. He doesn't think he can fit him in so he makes the decision to get rid straight away.

Bit daft that they have weakened their hand but in a football sense if he doesn't think it can work then it's the right decision to get rid. Manager is managing.

I think he has been absolutely disgraceful myself. He has treated Carroll with no respect whatsoever. If as reported Carroll is still on holiday, has he even spoken to him to tell him he doesn't figure in his plans. If he has and it was over the phone in my book that makes him a coward. He should do it to the players face, not in the media and not before he has even met him or seen him in a single training session.

The decision is fine as its his to make, he lays out his plans for Liverpool, but way he has gone about the decision on Carroll stinks.

I personally think it's 1-0 to Rodgers. Doesn't want this oaf in his side as he wants his team to be good technical footballers who play an attractive style. Getting AC out of the door is a necessity for him.

Guest bimpy474

I personally think it's 1-0 to Rodgers. Doesn't want this oaf in his side as he wants his team to be good technical footballers who play an attractive style. Getting AC out of the door is a necessity for him.

No problem with that at all, but you do it in the right way, to his face explaining why, do you not ?

Whats he gonner do with the two man smurfs Shelvey and Spearing?

Rodgers o.g. might end up costing Liverpool a fortune, if AC is prepared to dig his heels in and only move back hyem, they'll be stuck with the option of having £35m and £80k p.w. sulking around the bench, depreciating away, or do the deal with us on our terms.

What a dickhead.

Even if I agreed that the best solution is AC out the door, this would still be a god awful way of going about it. He's significantly reducing any potential transfer fee.

Hmm. If they want rid they have to make it known to other clubs though? If they'd done this behind this doors rather than in the open would it have strengthened their position?

His value is low anyway largely because of his form and wages.

Guest bimpy474

Hmm. If they want rid they have to make it known to other clubs though? If they'd done this behind this doors rather than in the open would it have strengthened their position?

Totally agree but for the Rodgers to do it before he spoke to Carroll is just plain wrong. Rodgers has asked the Liverpool fans for time to build a team, yet he hasn't even the decency to speak to Carroll face to face.

Whats he gonner do with the two man smurfs Shelvey and Spearing?

:lol:

Send them to the Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse?

Totally agree but for the Rodgers to do it before he spoke to Carroll is just plain wrong. Rodgers has asked the Liverpool fans for time to build a team, yet he hasn't even the decency to speak to Carroll face to face.

Aye fair enough. Be interested to know whether he has actually spoke to him even over the phone.