The Liverpool Thread

Parky

laughed at nufc fans for that? no nufc fans had been chanting in the stands for Keegan before he was appointed, plenty of liverpool fans have been shouting for Dalglish. Keegan hadn't even been out of the game 3 years since doing a decent job at man city. dalglish has been out of his league for 13 years and has a few months in the piece of piss league over a decade ago as the last manager's job on his CV.

To be clearer, I laughed at those who thought it was a good idea. I don't think many LFC fans think getting Kenny in is a good idea, it's more something to chant that isn't straight up "fuck off Hodgson".

Like you say, it would be a mental appointment. I don't imagine the owners would appoint him, but there's no way of knowing yet because they have zero track record to go on.

What about their other Sports Franchises?

The question is how transferable is that skill, and will they try to transfer more than is reasonable.

Its managing a business, the same as any other sports team. You need the right Manager (CEO) to handle the business. Why is the current team/business failing? What can a new man do to correct that. How have they handled Boston, what did they do to turn that around?

With all that said, I can't help but feel that Liverpool this season is a microcosm of Newcastle's tenure under Mike Ashley! So eerily similar.

insofar as i know they used a lot of statistical analysis to make judgements for boston, whether they can use that for football lord knows

They Chelsea'd their way to those two World Series, they just gave Theo Epstein a blank cheque book (They were right in the A-Rod sweepstakes till the last minute, and he ended up costing the Yankees 275 Million Dollars).

Only one of their first choice batting line up was a Boston Draft pick and in the pitching staff, only their 6th guy in the rotation was a Red Sox product (and he only pitched 5 innings the entire season according to Wikipedia).

Although Red Sox fans like to spread the myth they were like Oakland and moneyball'd their way to victory against those evil big spending Yankees.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Daily Mail say Owen Coyle is lined up. Hope not, don't want his career to stale, seems a promising manager. If Liverpool fans can't accept Roy, they'll never accept Coyle.