Who would you rather we had signed today?

Colocho
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest guinness_fiend

Perch, because we need more English players and reliable back-up for our defence and midfield.  Plus, he seems like a decent attacking defender. 

Boyd doesn't tick any of those boxes. 

Why?

Potential rule changes and requirements regarding the nationality of players.  Plus, I'd rather we bought a player from a non-league team south of the border than take a punt on someone from the SPL.  I cannot remember many players from north of the border who have made the transition from Mickey Mouse to proper league (excluding those that started their careers in England).

no 1 the new rules don't consider nationality (and any possible future rules can't do that under eu law) no 2 we're more than stocked in appropriate players to meet the requirements

(1) leagues would be able to place a minimum requirement on the amount of players from a home country and this would not be contrary to the EU provisions regarding free movement of people (or goods, depending on how you view footballers: people or tangible and appreciable assets) in certain circumstances (see studies from Brabners Chaffe Street of last year, if you have access to Lawtel), nor would it fall foul under our domestic discrimination legislation, although I agree that the implementation of such a rule is unlikely; and (2) whilst we have a lot of English players, you lot spend most of the year slagging them off, so it is not as if they are highly regarded.

In any event, I would be proud to have a team consisting mostly of English players, with the odd import here and there.  I have the same opinion of other leagues (i.e. they should focus on developing their own nationals first); it is just a preference of mine.

Gregory Van Der Wiel.

22 years old

Dutch

5ft 11 in 1/2

Full back (Right)

Ajax Amsterdam 76 apps, 8 goals.

Fee; €6m wages £15k.

Easily worth £7m, would command wages of at least £25k in today's market.

What's £1m difference in an imaginary world ey?

£2m difference.

TBH I don't know where you got those figures from re Kris Boyd's salary demands, but I'd heard it was North of £45k a week he was after. He's not worth that.

Guest johnson293

I'm happy with the signing of Perch, as Boyd would be more of an unknown, in my opinion.

While neither have played in the Premiership, at least Perch has played in England.

Boyd has played his whole career in Scotland, and while he has scored loads of goals, history has proved that being able to score loads of goals in Scotland doesn't always equate to a similar rate of goals in the English leagues, and/or top flight.

Perch can cover a number of positions across the back, and have also read of him playing in Midfield in Calderwoods time at Forest, so he gives us options, compared to Boyd.

If we are going to sign a forward, I would hope for someone with Premiership experience, at least - even if it turns out to be a loan.

Honda/Endo

I know you're not being serious, but Endo has a rare form of tubercuolis which prevents him from obtaining a visa to move abroad. This is why despite heading towards the latter stages of his career he has never played in Europe.