Our Club. Our Shirt?

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It would be best getting the Back page, TF, and The Mag on board with the idea aswell.

Early days. As I said just checking for the general opinion among the fans themselves before getting serious. O0

It would be best getting the Back page, TF, and The Mag on board with the idea aswell.

Early days. As I said just checking for the general opinion among the fans themselves before getting serious. O0

If it's decent, like the one I posted or better and all profits went to the SBR foundation then I would buy it.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5241/newcastle10.png

This without the Northern Rock logo, Puma logo and NUFC Crest.

nah, that nike one was the fucking law (with the red numbers) based on an inter shirt i think

Good choice, between the 2 of them I think.

now if you're talking a joint collaboration with the SBR foundation, all official like, and maybe his name on the back and a poignant number then average joe might take it up...probably would in fact

however a wishy washy shirt made and sold by nobodies (no offence) with no club crest and most people won't touch it

This will never go ahead if the SBR Foundation don't want the money. Would have no meaning to the average toon fan otherwise, and wouldn't be able to shift out enough shirts to earn in the initial investment. No offence taken, anyone doing it regardless of not giving the earnings to a great charity would be mental. This thread is just to see if there'd be any interest whatsoever in such a shirt, would be an absolutely shit thing to do talking to the foundation about something like this without even knowing if fans would get it.

yeah we're talking the same thing here - if the shirt is smart as fuck and has SBR foundation plastered on it and his name on the back etc... then i think it'd sell like hot cakes

if it's a smart shirt but has no SBR foundation stuff on it but maybe only a loose "association or endorsement" tag from them then i think people would see it as the equivalent of buying a cheap fake shirt on holiday

Yeah, this won't happen if the SBR foundation wouldn't be interested in it.

now if you're talking a joint collaboration with the SBR foundation, all official like, and maybe his name on the back and a poignant number then average joe might take it up...probably would in fact

however a wishy washy shirt made and sold by nobodies (no offence) with no club crest and most people won't touch it

This will never go ahead if the SBR Foundation don't want the money. Would have no meaning to the average toon fan otherwise, and wouldn't be able to shift out enough shirts to earn in the initial investment. No offence taken, anyone doing it regardless of not giving the earnings to a great charity would be mental. This thread is just to see if there'd be any interest whatsoever in such a shirt, would be an absolutely shit thing to do talking to the foundation about something like this without even knowing if fans would get it.

yeah we're talking the same thing here - if the shirt is smart as fuck and has SBR foundation plastered on it and his name on the back etc... then i think it'd sell like hot cakes

if it's a smart shirt but has no SBR foundation stuff on it but maybe only a loose "association or endorsement" tag from them then i think people would see it as the equivalent of buying a cheap fake shirt on holiday

Yeah, this won't happen if the SBR foundation wouldn't be interested in it.

and if they are you'd be laughing but it'd have to be a clear partnership imo with their name all over it, like i said vague "support" won't cut it imo

if you get that and it gets off the ground sign me up btw

Probably a good idea to email the foundation about your plans, just ask them for permission to use their logo on the shirt and say that all profits will go to the foundation, I doubt they would turn down the idea. Also try to put in how it's something to do with it being around the 1st year anniversary and you want to keep the foundation in peoples minds so it doesn't start to see a slump in donations.

Probably a good idea to email the foundation about your plans, just ask them for permission to use their logo on the shirt and say that all profits will go to the foundation, I doubt they would turn down the idea. Also try to put in how it's something to do with it being around the 1st year anniversary and you want to keep the foundation in peoples minds so it doesn't start to see a slump in donations.

good call, as is the back page etc... you'd need viable places to sell it

I'd rather donate the £20 directly to the SBR foundation & have them receive 100% of it than buy a shirt where they'll get far less than that.

Copying the self-absorbed scousers would be a new low as well.

The idea of this comes from the fact that the current shirt is not generally good looking, and also that it's the most expensive one in a while. This would give you a better looking shirt at the same time as supporting the SBR Foundation, rather than buying a £45 shirt and nothing going to the SBR Foundation.

It'd have to be decent quality like as in not fall apart straight away in the wash and it's potentially a good idea if the SBRF were on board. Anyone know anyone that sources manufactured goods from China?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Costs fuck all to make in China though, big margins and all that.

May as well get me Nana to knit...

Costs f*** all to make in China though, big margins and all that.

Can't see the knitted kit selling many :pow:

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/01/article-1270125648953-08F61920000005DC-458052_636x582.jpg

Burnley would disagree  :shifty:

Costs f*** all to make in China though, big margins and all that.

Can't see the knitted kit selling many :pow:

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/01/article-1270125648953-08F61920000005DC-458052_636x582.jpg

Burnley would disagree  :shifty:

:spit: What the fuck!?

I'd rather donate the £20 directly to the SBR foundation & have them receive 100% of it than buy a shirt where they'll get far less than that.

The idea of this comes from the fact that the current shirt is not generally good looking, and also that it's the most expensive one in a while. This would give you a better looking shirt at the same time as supporting the SBR Foundation, rather than buying a £45 shirt and nothing going to the SBR Foundation.

:thup:

Just seems a bit of a silly idea to me.  Not to the extent that James has silly ideas obviously, but silly all the same.

:thup:

Just seems a bit of a silly idea to me.  Not to the extent that James has silly ideas obviously, but silly all the same.

I got enraged with the new kit design and started looking at prices to create my own NUFC kit.

That was a silly idea.

This is a canny idea. May not get anywhere, but worth a thought.