Carlisle United 0-3 Newcastle United - 17/07/10

Dave

Guest Geordiesned

I wasn't there but no suprise to read this. Unfortunately every team has at least a small element of charva scum who chant this sort of shit. The same people who join the facebook groups praising Moat.

I had no idea who this Moat guy was until I kept seeing his name on the chronicle website, read a few accounts of what happened, can't believe there are people that regard this guy as some sort of hero, ashamed to be from the same part of the world as some people.

If people are singing about him, like that story suggests at matches then it's a disgrace and we should be ashamed of ourselves. Of course we need to consider the source, the Star. It may just be a mionority of charva scum but those are the ones that the Sky cameras will portray as sterotypical Geordies.

Guest Roger Kint

Why are people questioning the source? Its a crap paper but people have posted that they heard it themselves, it was a few people out of thousands, bad taste but out of proportion as theres always some tossers in a crowd.

Noticed it's in The Sun as well, they love to generate bad publicity and blow it all out of proportion. It can't even be called a chant, wasn't like every Newcastle fan was shouting and singing. Just a couple of idiots, randomly shouted something about him (from where I was standing anyway).

google Harry Roberts...

then you will see how 'sick' football fans are from every team in the UK.

theres never any newspaper articles about fans singing his name, so printing stories now is nowt but shit-stirring.

police at football are wankers, and songs like this wind them up. always going to get anti-police songs.

i wasnt there, and didnt sing this, for the record.

I heard a bit of chanting at the police, but I would be hugely suprised in the Carlisle fans were singing '12-1 to Birdy' or whatever it was supposed to be. Think the Star 'journos' have had a bit of a laugh in the office.

Boro fans at the Masters on Saturday evening were singing "Raoul Moat is our friend, he shoots Geordies"

That they were. Bunch of wankers the lot. There was a geordie bloke up on the balcony and there was two boys no older than six inviting him outside so they could "kick his fuck in".

Guest LukeT

i was in the standing section and the only thing I heard sung by more than about 10 people at once was "Fishing with Gazza". You're always going to get the odd knacker shouting stuff at a football match but it was nowhere near as bad as the press are making out.

Another bit of geordie bashing from the media, it seems. There'll always be dickheads amongst our support, but they are in the extreme minority. Not fair to tar us with the same brush.

True Faith reckon one of the mackem's messageboards might have something to do with it as well.

True Faith reckon one of the mackem's messageboards might have something to do with it as well.

I did read one poster mention something about wearing Raoul Moat masks, someone replied that it was a brilliant idea as it would piss the police & geordies off, two birds one stone.