FA Cup Replays could be scrapped

Gash

For this to be acceptable they'd have to counter-act it by spreading the obscene amounts of money generated these days down the leagues to clubs struggling to make ends meet. They won't though, they'll be testing the water with this idea floating in the press and if there isn't much outrage they'll just do it. Same with the 39th game, that'd be in place now if the whole country hadn't kicked off saying it was a shit idea that made a mockery of the competition itself.

For this to be acceptable they'd have to counter-act it by spreading the obscene amounts of money generated these days down the leagues to clubs struggling to make ends meet. They won't though, they'll be testing the water with this idea floating in the press and if there isn't much outrage they'll just do it. Same with the 39th game, that'd be in place now if the whole country hadn't kicked off saying it was a shit idea that made a mockery of the competition itself.

Absolutely spot on, they'll never give up the money. I suppose the FA could give the clubs more money for each round. And make entry free, i'm sure it costs non league clubs money to enter, and they had to have played the FA Vase or FA trophy in the previous season to do so.

Would mean the FA getting money from the Premiership to bump up the lower rounds prize money, not a chance that'll happen.

I'll say it; I hate games in hand, so I'll welcome the FA Cup becoming a midweek competition. Games in hand are a greater evil.

Why?

I just hate looking at the table and it not being the real table, because some teams have games in hand so you might be 3 points above rel but not really, because WBA have a game in hand against City who are still in the cup, and shit like that.

It doesn't need to be midweek actually, you can put PL games in there instead and play the cup on the weekend. Just don't mix the two the same day.

I would rather keep the replays, but....

If they are scrapped, up to the 5th round, any club drawn against a team two leagues up can chose if they want to play home or away, plus can have a large away fan allocation if they opt to play away.

Scrap the home and away element of the draw altogether, just draw fixtures and whichever side is lower in the football pyramid is at home.

That stops them getting the "big payday" though.

Honestly, I'd rather scrap the League Cup than FA Cup replays.

Scrap the home and away element of the draw altogether, just draw fixtures and whichever side is lower in the football pyramid is at home.

Nah, either way a fixture between two sides several leagues apart is class. Either the big team goes to play at the smaller ground and shittier pitch, or the smaller side goes to play in the big arena.

Doing away with either would be a great shame and an even bigger devaluing of the competition.