The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Is it me, or has the lack of investment from Everton finally caught up with them?

insofar as i understand they spent their transfer cash on new contracts for their players, but yes lack of cash spent especially on a reliable striker is catching up on them

Is it me, or has the lack of investment from Everton finally caught up with them?

Much like Arsenal and their goalkeeping situation, Everton really need a fit and consistent striker to take them forward.

Guest neesy111

it takes Extreme WUM'ing to even suggest that Liverpool aren't a big club.

Right, just because your definition of what a big club is, doesn't mean it's true.

My opinion of big club's is that them of winning league titles recently, name me another BIG club in europe that hasn't won a league title in the last 20 years in their retrospective leagues?

Guest neesy111

I'd say that over the past 15-20 years they're more of a Porto, Lyon or PSV, than a Man Utd, Barcelona or Real Madrid.

That's generally the point i'm saying, they are not what I define are the BIG clubs now.  They've been well left behind, just in the same way in which we are.  Some people will say we are a big club because of the attendances we pull, which they are right in their own way.

I'd say that over the past 15-20 years they're more of a Porto, Lyon or PSV, than a Man Utd, Barcelona or Real Madrid.

That's generally the point i'm saying, they are not what I define are the BIG clubs now. They've been well left behind, just in the same way in which we are. Some people will say we are a big club because of the attendances we pull, which they are right in their own way.

I've already told you, they finished second and four points off the title the season before last. Fucked up last year and started poorly this time but that's in no way 'being well left behind' (sic).

Guest neesy111

That's generally the point i'm saying, they are not what I define are the BIG clubs now.  They've been well left behind, just in the same way in which we are.  Some people will say we are a big club because of the attendances we pull, which they are right in their own way.

I've already told you, they finished second and four points off the title the season before last. Fucked up last year and started poorly this time but that's in no way 'being well left behind' (sic).

Hmm, I would say being over 20 points behind last season would say otherwise.  Also selling two of the best CM's in the world, and replacing them with Christian Poulsen and Lucas would do so as well.

You could of said that about us in 2005 under Souness then, when every fucker knew we were light years behind the top 4 then after when we finished 3rd in 2003.

2 years is a hell of a long time in football, we should be best one's of knowing that at NUFC.

I think neesy's spot on with this one tbh. Think they're on a par with Villa & Everton quite away behind the Sky three, Spurs & City.

City who were 19 points off the title themselves? And only four points better than Liverpool...

Guest neesy111

Its not so out of the question, massive amounts of debt, a stadium that can't be redeveloped a squad that's on inflated wages and underperforming they're in trouble.

That's true, though the likely hood is that someone would be able to buy them out on the cheap though.  I think that's why no-one has came in to buy them yet, because quite frankly the asking price currently is double the real value of the club IMO.

Guest neesy111

Remember the value of the club has to include what the playing squad are worth as well, so if Torres is sold then they need to knock off his value to the tune of around £50M.

Remember the last "next Leeds" according to every pub pundit not on Tyneside?

Not a chance, they're merely s**** right now, which is funny, but let's not get carried away.

As for "big club", a meaningless term.

Aye but our owner has actually dealt with the debt (of a fashion) there's has been increased if anything.

Guest neesy111

Remember the last "next Leeds" according to every pub pundit not on Tyneside?

Not a chance, they're merely s**** right now, which is funny, but let's not get carried away.

As for "big club", a meaningless term.

Aye but our owner has actually dealt with the debt (of a fashion) there's has been increased if anything.

Ohh it has increased to around the tune of £100M in the last 3 years.

I think neesy's spot on with this one tbh. Think they're on a par with Villa & Everton quite away behind the Sky three, Spurs & City.

City who were 19 points off the title themselves? And only four points better than Liverpool...

City who've spent absolutely loads and can compete financially with the other top clubs.

Put it this way, I bet Man City's CV between 2010-20 is better than Liverpool's in that timeframe.

City who've spent absolutely loads and can compete financially with the other top clubs.

Put it this way, I bet Man City's CV between 2010-20 is better than Liverpool's in that timeframe.

That post is going to get an almighty bump in 10 years times, Nut! :laugh: