The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I really hate Stoke's thrown-in tactics at the best of times, but the sight of the ballboy then Delap drying the ball with a towel really, really f***ing winds me up. Pathetic.

Yup, gets really annoying.

Especially when at they on their worst occasions are able to spend up to 20-25 minutes of the match on those throws, and there's never enough added time to make up for it.

Can't understand why British managers seem to insist on converting all Korean players to be more workman-like and defensive.

Fergie drills all the flair out of Park, Cha Du-Ri gets turned into a full-back, Mowbray wastes Kim Do-Heon by playing him as a DM, Park Chu-Young gets shunted out onto the wing at Monaco, and Ki Sung-Yong has been getting shoe-horned into the holding role at Celtic since his arrival last year. (Again by Mowbray, ironically.)

In some cases it's worked, but most of the time I just feel like they're wasting a lot of players because of their pre-conception about what Korean footballers are like.

Can't understand why British managers seem to insist on converting all Korean players to be more workman-like and defensive.

Fergie drills all the flair out of Park, Cha Du-Ri gets turned into a full-back, Mowbray wastes Kim Do-Heon by playing him as a DM, Park Chu-Young gets shunted out onto the wing at Monaco, and Ki Sung-Yong has been getting shoe-horned into the holding role at Celtic since his arrival last year. (Again by Mowbray, ironically.)

In some cases it's worked, but most of the time I just feel like they're wasting a lot of players because of their pre-conception about what Korean footballers are like.

Cha Du-Ri has looked pretty good at fullback when I've seen him for Celtic. Is he a natural winger?

Cha Du-Ri has looked pretty good at fullback when I've seen him for Celtic. Is he a natural winger?

Started out as a striker, moved out to the wing after breaking into the national team, turned into a Fullback in Germany. (Mis-spoke by saying "British Managers," more like "European Managers")

He's the one case where it's worked I think. His prime weakness (not knowing how to play football) is mitigated in that position.