The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

14,825.  Feel sorry for Steve Gibbo, invested so much patience and money into that club.

Won't be long before they're in dire straights. Parachute payments go and they'll surely be fucked.

Their saving grace could be the fact they've got a decent academy so when their better players (stop laughing) leave then they'll be able to draft the kids in without having to spend loads on signing a raft of new players.

They're still in the shit up to their eyeballs like obviously.

14,825.  Feel sorry for Steve Gibbo, invested so much patience and money into that club.

Won't be long before they're in dire straights. Parachute payments go and they'll surely be fucked.

They get another 2 years under the new agreement.  From what I know they are budgeting to be in the division for sometime as well.

Hmm thought it was 3, didn't know it'd changed. They're going to have to flog a fair few anyway, luckily their YTS is good. Shame as it could be a blessing in disguise going on recent come throughs.

Guest neesy111

They get another 2 years under the new agreement.  From what I know they are budgeting to be in the division for sometime as well.

Hmm thought it was 3, didn't know it'd changed. They're going to have to flog a fair few anyway, luckily they're YTS is good. Shame.

New Agreement is 4 years of parachute payments worth around £48M.  Which is too much for me.

Guest neesy111

Nigel Clough isn't going to last too much longer at Derby.

Yeap, sinking like a ship at the moment.  Always liked Derby due to connection with Brian Clough.

I don't know, if you are going to make the Premiership into an obscene money pit, you have to make sure there is adequate hep for clubs that fall out of it.

there is to an extent but if you don't come back up you're absolutely fucked as many a club have proved.

Guest neesy111

I don't know, if you are going to make the Premiership into an obscene money pit, you have to make sure there is adequate hep for clubs that fall out of it.

Gives clubs coming out of a division totally unfair advantage when they come back down financially.  If you spend recklessly when you go up then it's your own fault.

Guest neesy111

Also, if one team on parachute payments gets promoted the remainder of his pot is redistributed throughout the Football League, isn't it?

Yeap.

They love a shot of the team getting off the bus on this.

Got to vary it up with a shot of the teams coming out the tunnel.

Aye, this is the first time I've watched it since we were down there.

My Dad still has it on Sky+ series link for some reason, don't think he ever watches it.