The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Dresden spouts so much gibberish on here you'd think he was a new member.

Dunno, I'm pretty clear on this.  Maybe you should just have another glance back?

Main Entry: gibberish

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: nonsense talk

What a s*** post - totally ignorant. 

I'm defining for you what gibberish means, as I was saying you speak nonsense, which you are doing. That post was vital as your post clearly showed you did not understand the meaning and context of the word gibberish in the aforementioned sentence.

Should have been obvious given that  I asked you to read back just to make sure that you had comprehended my argument.  Ignorant.

Assuming I've not read your argument is ignorant, as I have read it. My response to your argument was that it was pure gibberish, which it is. Every part of your accusations towards Barcelona appear to be more driven by "I don't like them, lol." rather than it being rooted in reality and the evidence at hand. This examplified by you saying Dani Alves' delivery always being shit, a definite statement regarding someones ability, whilst the evidence at hand (assists, completed passes) proves your statement false.

Mourinho outplayed Pep in the CL semi-finals when coaching Inter

And yet when the same bloke took a different set of players to the Camp Nou a couple of months back they got twatted 5-0.

Funny old game...:lol:

Alves does have a shit delivery.  Of which I define as being a cross from distance (near to the touch-line).  Usually, either over-hit or slow and looping.

Will assume that most of his assists are short ranged passes / square balls into the box.

Implying a dislike based on a post such as

Barcelona have a strong spine of cunts.

Didn't know Pinto was one until today.  Has been added to my list of Barcelona cunts.

is more than warranted, and does not assume an ignorant perspective towards your opinion. I say you "appear" to be rooting your argument in dislike of something, not giving a definite statetment regarding what opinion drives your argument, which is what you are doing by constantly bringing up me being "Ignorant" as an escape hatch from your failing argumentations.

My argument about Barcelona's only having one approach, which hinders their effectiveness, is from a purely footballing perspective.  a competitive footballing perspective, a game in which winning is everything.  

You can imply a dislike from that post, yes.  I f***ing detest some of the antics many of their players get up to.  Don't let that distract you from the point at hand.

Alves does have a shit delivery.  Of which I define as being a cross from distance (near to the touch-line).  Usually, either over-hit or slow and looping.

Will assume that most of his assists are short ranged passes / square balls into the box.

Assume it because it backs up your point. Very gracious of you. :lol:

Alves does have a s*** delivery.  Of which I define as being a cross from distance (near to the touch-line).  Usually, either over-hit or slow and looping.

Is it accurate? 

Alves does have a s*** delivery.  Of which I define as being a cross from distance (near to the touch-line).  Usually, either over-hit or slow and looping.

Is it accurate? 

Not a clue.

At least I'll admit it though. ;)

My argument about Barcelona's only having one approach, which hinders their effectiveness, is from a purely footballing perspective.  a competitive footballing perspective, a game in which winning is everything. 

You can imply a dislike from that post, yes.  I f***ing detest some of the antics many of their players get up to.  Don't let that distract you from the point at hand.

I disagree with that.

I'd much rather the philosophies of somebody like Cruijff were kept alive, than watching the top teams play out drab affairs as they are too scared of losing.

My argument about Barcelona's only having one approach, which is hinders their effectiveness, is from a purely footballing perspective.  a competitive footballing perspective, a game in which winning is everything.  

You can imply a dislike from that post, yes.  I fucking detest some of the antics many of their players get up to.  Don't let that distract you from the point at hand.

The point about Barcelona only having one approach is not valid, though, rooted in evidence by their performances if you go in depth to analyze them. I would reccomend you having a peek around Zonal Marking and read a few match reports involving them. Barcelona in general employ a 4-3-3 system with a plan B of 4-2-4. There are also variations in their main system, as last season facing Real Madrid they had a more defensively oriented side emplying a wing back as winger to allow for a more defensive transition whilst playing Messi in the center furthest forward on the pitch. The failure of Barcelona against Inter was not sticking to their normal plans, and rather employing a more defensive approach towards the game wheras their ususal pass and move would potentially have suited better against Mourinho's tactics. (This can potentially be evident in the comparison between Barcelona - Inter last year and Barcelona - Real Madrid this year where they played their ususal style against a Mourinho organised team compared to altering defensively.)

Saying Guardiola is tactically inept because he preferes an attacking style of play is like saying Mourinho is tactically inept because he prefers a more defensive one.

Well, if Guardiola was tactically competent he would understand that there cannot be one way to win a football match.  a tactical nirvana does not exist.

he needs to stop ignorantly plodding along with the same approach.  i.e. this barcelona squad was wasted last season.  they should have beaten inter and should have lifted the CL (it's one of the greatest collections of technical and physical ability ever) but they didn't.  why?  because inter player the better football.  better football, i define as being an approach that has a greater certainty of winning.

their variations are subtle in their approach, and seem limited to their shape.  to my eye at least.

i reject how you have compared an inter team to a real team.  the only similarity is mourinho.  but, the fact that they are two entirely different squads voids any comparison you may choose to make.  tbh, real were awful, it wasn't a contest at any stage.

Every manager have their favoured strategy and vision of how "football is to be played". Guariola and Mourinho are comparable in the sense that they are on different ends on the attacking / defensive scale, hence why a comparison between two Mourinho managed teams is viable in this situation as his general vision have not changed just because the clubs and personell have changed. Looking at the match between Barcelona and Real, to my eye it appears as if Mourinho employed a similar tactic to what he did with Inter, only that Barcelona had a completely different outlook on either of the games and thus crushing Mourinho's gameplan. Naturally, the different personell and situations aren't all that comparable, but what is comparable are the tactics employed by either team in either match managed by the same two managers.

Dresden, if you were in charge at Barcelona would have sacked Guardiola yet to bring in a more tactically astute manager?

If I was somehow placed in charge as of this second, then no.  I wouldn't sack him based on the last fortnight.  Reckon we come back to this hypothetical question at the end of the season.  Whatever happens, it'll be an exciting season, both in spain and europe (more so europe).

Every manager have their favoured strategy and vision of how "football is to be played". Guariola and Mourinho are comparable in the sense that they are on different ends on the attacking / defensive scale, hence why a comparison between two Mourinho managed teams is viable in this situation as his general vision have not changed just because the clubs and personell have changed. Looking at the match between Barcelona and Real, to my eye it appears as if Mourinho employed a similar tactic to what he did with Inter, only that Barcelona had a completely different outlook on either of the games and thus crushing Mourinho's gameplan. Naturally, the different personell and situations aren't all that comparable, but what is comparable are the tactics employed by either team in either match managed by the same two managers.

mourinho got his tactics wrong with that real side imo

in hindsight, i think they should have gone more toe to toe with barcelona as they didn't have the personnel capable of executing mourinho's approach.  really looking forward to the next clash now.

mourinho got his tactics wrong with that real side imo

in hindsight, i think they should have gone more toe to toe with barcelona as they didn't have the personnel capable of executing mourinho's approach.  really looking forward to the next clash now.

That was my point, the tactics were wrong because they were the same as he used for Inter, but Barcelona had changed tactics from the last meeting between a Mourinho team and Guardiola.