The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Excellent description of him. He picks up the ball and is always trying to force the issue. To call him tactically naive would be an understatement. It's not as if he has an abundance of raw talent either though. He'll never make it in the Premier League, so what is the point in playing him in the most important role for the U21s?

He's clearly one of Pearce's favourites, but I honestly don't understand what he sees in the kid.

Another problem with Pearce is his attitude towards this upcoming competition. Pearce is a competitive bloke and it seems he wants to call upon the likes of Wilshere and Carroll to ensure we can win the tournament. He is letting his arrogance get in the way of what is actually important about youth football - developing players for the full side.

Nobody will remember who wins these tournaments in the future, it's simply a case of making sure they can step up. Wilshere and Carroll have already done this, so there is NO point in taking them to the Youth tournaments. Did Rooney play in the U21 tournaments when he was in the England team? Did he fuck.

Lithuania 2-0 Poland

Greece 0 - 0 Poland

Thank you motherland for the football you have given me. For truly I am blessed to have enjoyed such 180 minutes of enthralling entertainment. One can safely know that even if one is feeling low and depressed, Newcastle gets trashed 4-0 by a rugby side and nothing seems to be going your way then Poland will play their slow, clumsy and uninventive football to perfection.  Never have such boring 180 minutes of football been played where not a single player seems to know his role on the grassy field he´s been instructed to stand on.

Amen.

:lol: I can definitely sympathise. International football is just a cruel thing for 95 percent of people in the world.

Another problem with Pearce is his attitude towards this upcoming competition. Pearce is a competitive bloke and it seems he wants to call upon the likes of Wilshere and Carroll to ensure we can win the tournament. He is letting his arrogance get in the way of what is actually important about youth football - developing players for the full side.

Nobody will remember who wins these tournaments in the future, it's simply a case of making sure they can step up. Wilshere and Carroll have already done this, so there is NO point in taking them to the Youth tournaments. Did Rooney play in the U21 tournaments when he was in the England team? Did he f***.

It's the same mentality and mistakes that have plagued the African and lower tier South American teams for years. It is interesting how many of the top, top nations do so averagely at such competitions. The key is developing these players to the next stage of their career. It is not productive to use them as tools for national glory and then to discard them. Why any established players over 21 with any int'l caps are called upon is a mystery to me.

Guest Heneage

Nobody will remember who wins these tournaments in the future, it's simply a case of making sure they can step up. Wilshere and Carroll have already done this, so there is NO point in taking them to the Youth tournaments. Did Rooney play in the U21 tournaments when he was in the England team? Did he f***.

His problem is, he's not a coach for this level. He's an average tactician and after his honeymoon period at Manchester City he was quickly found out.

I think his inclusion for England was a points scoring exercise for Capello, get Lionheart to teach the youngsters what it's all about. Last night they bemoaned the missing players then begrudgingly mentioned the Icelandic side was missing 6 players. They also tried to justify the goal as not being intentional or savable when really it was shoddy marking. Jordan Henderson was allowed to leave and Gary Hooper didn't make a single appearance.

I hope Jack Cork makes a full recovery but how he makes the starting XI is beyond me, he's a jack of all trades master of none which just doesn't make him England quality. Albrighton was fantastic so why he didn't just go 4-2-3-1 and play Hammill - Sinclair - Albrighton is beyond me, and get them interchanging.

The squad he picked was quite minute as well considering the number of subs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You'd be forgiven if you mistakenly thought West Ham v Man U was a pre-season friendly. Been so flat... compared to Leeds v Forest.

PENNERS! West Ham.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If we're being picky, should that be a yellow?

If we're being really picky, it denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. :dontknow:

Carlton Cole innit.

If we're being picky, should that be a yellow?

Yes definitely imo.

Meh. Not a deliberate handball and I hate when refs give a booking just because it was also a pen but wouldn't warrant a booking anywhere else. A nice change.