The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Dowd's done well there tbh.

Very well.

Just going to stop you both here.  He's been fucking terrible.

Should have sent 3 players off.

Yep, I change my mind. Having seen the replays, Carragher and probably Maxi and Rafael should be off.

How the fuck did Rafael or Carragher not get sent off? Oh, that's right, they're not called Ryan Taylor, not playing for someone outside the European contingent and also don't look suicidal.

:lol: :lol:

How the fuck did Rafael or Carragher not get sent off? Oh, that's right, they're not called Ryan Taylor, not playing for someone outside the European contingent and also don't look suicidal.

'Oof, that's a bad one son. You look like you need cheering up. Go on, go get yourself a nice warm bath.'

*red*

Hate that little tap-in from Kuyt. If you did that in a kick around you would get abused for being a cunt. He must have known it was going in seeing as when he kicked the ball was pretty much on the line :lol:

I did originally say I thought Dowd was doing well, but yeah, how they were just yellows is beyond me really. Suppose he's doing what they always do in the 'big' games. Don't want to 'ruin' it so they give them a bit of leeway, just cautioning them rather than unevening it all very early in the game. Not saying that's the right thing to do at all, though.

Know you don't personally advocate this, but that mentality is the epitome of bollocks IMO.

Referees are either there to apply and enforce law, or not. They're not employed to increase the spectacle of a "big match".

Hate that little tap-in from Kuyt. If you did that in a kick around you would get abused for being a cunt. He must have known it was going in seeing as when he kicked the ball was pretty much on the line :lol:

So true :lol:

Sneaky cunt stealing a goal like that.

Guest toonarmymia

I did originally say I thought Dowd was doing well, but yeah, how they were just yellows is beyond me really. Suppose he's doing what they always do in the 'big' games. Don't want to 'ruin' it so they give them a bit of leeway, just cautioning them rather than unevening it all very early in the game. Not saying that's the right thing to do at all, though.

makes you wonder whether the refs have special instructions for these games to let more go for the "audiences"

makes you wonder whether the refs have special instructions for these games to let more go for the "audiences"

Yup, clearly an unwritten rule, like.

Know you don't personally advocate this, but that mentality is the epitome of bollocks IMO.

Referees are either there to apply and enforce law, or not. They're not employed to increase the spectacle of a "big match".

Absolutely.

I remember the CL final where Lehmann got the red straight away, and the commentators spent the rest of the game moaning that it had ruined a 'great spectacle'. It's the letter of the law ffs.

Btw, this is the kind of game whereby Man Utd are really missing somebody like a Roy Keane or Bryan Robson. Somebody to drive the team forward, win every tackle, inspire others.

Guest neesy111

Btw, this is the kind of game whereby Man Utd are really missing somebody like a Roy Keane or Bryan Robson. Somebody to drive the team forward, win every tackle, inspire others.

There midfield has no mobility in it.  Soon as they play a decent team in Europe they'll be picked apart.

I actually disagree. They're rarely in this position. They're just missing the foundations - Vidic and Ferdinand - which is why their defending has been nervy. People say this about the current Arsenal team as well - that they're missing somebody like a Vieira to drive them forward - but one of these two teams will win the league this season and that's enough. I think Man Utd will go pretty far in Europe as well (unless they run into Barca or Real).

There midfield has no mobility in it.  Soon as they play a decent team in Europe they'll be picked apart.

Aye. Like when Barca beat them in the Champions League final.

Rooney's not the type of player to drive a team forward anymore either.