The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Also I do think people overlook Barca's playacting/typical Spanish cheating due to the fact they play the best football seen in the modern era. Just saying.

What about Arsenal's playacting/typical English style cheating?

First thing i'll do is point out the obvious (before people say whining/deluded Arsenal fan etc etc) that Barcelona were the far better side and thoroughly deserved to go through and it would have been an injustice if they didn't BUT that decision from the referee to send Van Persie off was shocking and you never know with a little bit of luck he could have got Arsenal the invaluable second goal to take us through.

Still, congrats VI; i'm gutted but hopefully this won't deter us (i don't think it will) and we can go and push on in our Premier League push and give 100% against Manure on Saturday.

Oh, and Alves is such a f***ing c*** it's unbelievable but that subject has been covered so often before it probably isn't worth mentioning.

I was surprised with the sending off. Harsh, but to the letter of the law. Still we utterly dominated, just lacked more lethality in front of goal to make it more comfortable than it was (well, it would have been comfortable if it hadn't been for the og). I too think you can still win the PL, so go and get that trophy.

Also I do think people overlook Barca's playacting/typical Spanish cheating due to the fact they play the best football seen in the modern era. Just saying.

And what about Arsenal?

If they didn't play act and time waste so much in the first half Messi wouldn't have scored because there wouldn't have been so much injury time.

"typical Spanish cheating"

:facepalm:

stereotypes

It's an emotional night for Mozy.  

He's just tore down his favourite Robin van Persie poster and now he's weeping into his Arsenal pillow case.

I was about to say he'd probably miss, but then again it's more accurate to say he wouldn't have got that far anyway. :pow:

"typical Spanish cheating"

:facepalm:

stereotypes

It's an emotional night for Mozy.  

He's just tore down his favourite Robin van Persie poster and now he's weeping into his Arsenal pillow case.

I hate seeing referees spoil football matches, Barcelona raped them second half and they probably would have done so with 11 vs 11 but we will never know. I dislike Arsenal tremendously and they are bottling gobshites for most of the time.

And I didn't name my profile after another clubs player, only then to have it changed due to a bizarre claim, built on a random hatred of a Newcastle United player  ???

Don't know if I would call them cheaters but they do go down very easily and try and sell the fouls in a very theatrical fashion.

Stereotypes often exist for a reason.

Guest firetotheworks

No team that has zero shots AT ALL, let alone on target can be described as 'robbed' :lol:

In comparison Barcelona are by far the bigger cheats, it was clear as day tonight.  Shameful, embarrassing and it definitely tarnishes their footballing ability.

Just find myself laughing in pity at Dani Alves' constant need to playact.  Hilarious behavior from what is supposed to be a grown man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I didn't name my profile after another clubs player, only then to have it changed due to a bizarre claim, built on a random hatred of a Newcastle United player  ???

Burn, like.

And I didn't name my profile after another clubs player, only then to have it changed due to a bizarre claim, built on a random hatred of a Newcastle United player  ???

Burn, like.

Pissi got schooled right there.

In comparison Barcelona are by far the bigger cheats, it was clear as day tonight.  Shameful, embarrassing and it definitely tarnishes their footballing ability.

Just find myself laughing in pity at Dani Alves' constant need to playact.  Hilarious behavior from what is supposed to be a grown man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As usual, complete nonsense from Dresden.

He's prone to it yeah but he didn't even play act once tonight.  Or do you mean when van Persie clearly pushed him in the face?

He was too busy raping Arsenal's left side for 90 minutes tonight to play act.  Your sad bitterness really clouds your judgment.

The Barcelona team is full of cheats.

Not as many as Arsenal.

So ignorant :**)

You're actually wrong.

I've seen them enough to know they're cheating/playacting/moaning/crying pricks - just like pretty much every big side.

No team that has zero shots AT ALL, let alone on target can be described as 'robbed' :lol:

do you think that will stop a media crusade by the english tabloids though?

Tabloids, yes. Some of the more (usually) informative papers will hopefully see things in the bigger picture.

Still, if we're just talking about refereeing, it's particularly bad timing when we've seen a catalogue of poor decisions in recent days.