The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Was there a player in the Arsenal team that played against Barcelona, who would actually get into Barcelona's team? I don't think there was.

Clichy at a push?

Not when Puyol's fit as Abidal's a better full-back.

I also think that Clichy have regressed the last couple of years.

Was there a player in the Arsenal team that played against Barcelona, who would actually get into Barcelona's team? I don't think there was.

Clichy at a push?

What?, him and Gibbs are the two weak links in Arsenal's squad.

Clichy's overrated, wouldn't have it over Abidal, but he's better than Maxwell. Funnily we had an LB and a DM as centrebacks and I'd still wouldn't touch Djourou and Koscielny with a bargepole.

Van Persie is a very good player, he wouldn't start for us but I'd gladly have him in our squad. Same with Cesc, who I do want.

Clichy at a push?

Looked like he had the potential to be one of the best LB's in the world a couple of seasons ago but has been average for a long time now.

Best possible XI's:

Valdes > Szczeszcszshixny

Dani Alves > Sagna

Pique > Djourou

Puyol > Vermaelen

Abidal > Clichy

Busquets > Song

Xavi > Wilshere

Iniesta > Fabregas

Messi > Walcott

Villa > RvP

Pedro = Nasri

Not exact equivalents considering their respecitve formations, but I don't think any of Arsenal's best side would get into Barca's.

Who is that guy who does the La Liga commentry? I always expect him to start saying " Here comes Carl Fletcher leading out Harchester United at the Dragon's Lair for this exciting top of the league clash".

Is it just me who thinks Cesc is somewhat over rated?  :undecided:

Looks good bossing things for Arsenal against weaker teams but as soon as Arsenal play a top team they get over ran in midfield and he's usually nowhere to be seen.

Is it just me who thinks Cesc is somewhat over rated?  :undecided:

Looks good bossing things for Arsenal against weaker teams but as soon as Arsenal play a top team they get over ran in midfield and he's usually nowhere to be seen.

I've seen him have good games against top teams before. Chelsea earlier this season, Milan away a few years ago... just off the top of my head. Just because he's been anonymous everytime against Barca is not really a fair sample.

He's their best player, and they have nobody who can make them tick in that AM position the same way Fabregas can.

Absolutely no need for him at Barca as it stands, though.

Maxwell was at LB v Arsenal not Abidal. Clichy is better than Maxwell IMO.

Clichy's overrated, wouldn't have it over Abidal, but he's better than Maxwell. Funnily we had an LB and a DM as centrebacks and I'd still wouldn't touch Djourou and Koscielny with a bargepole.

I wouldn't have Koscielny at Newcastle. Awful.

i thought it was adriano? personally think both him and maxwell are better than clichy - he looks like a nothing player these days.

Koscielny looks pretty good from what i've seen, though needs to beef up a bit, and can be prone to errors, mainly in terms of communication.

Koscienly reminds me of Bramble.

Can look absolute quality but then every time he makes a mistake it seems to prove costly.

Apart from a decent second half versus Barca I've yet to see him play well off the top of my head.

i thought it was adriano? personally think both him and maxwell are better than clichy - he looks like a nothing player these days.

Oh shit aye he was. Same applies.

Fabregas is too weak mentally to be a top player.

He already is a top player.

He just hasn't been at the top of his game this season, I attribute that down to the injuries he's had over the past year. He hasn't looked fit at all.

Guest Heneage

He just hasn't been at the top of his game this season, I attribute that down to the injuries he's had over the past year. He hasn't looked fit at all.

Meh, I think the phrase is thrown round too often these days.

He's not World Class imo.

Adriano has stretches where he looks like a quality player, a Dani Alves-lite so to speak, but a lot of the time he's very suspect. Still an useful squad player given his versatility but I sweat when I see him against a top winger. Same with Maxwell really.

I think Cesc is a top player myself. He doesn't look "world class" because of Arsenal winning owt since he established himself. He carries that lot most of the time.

Amazing A-league Grand Final! 0-0 full time. Away side (Central Coast Mariners) scores two in the first half of extra time. Home side (Brisbane Roar, who haven't lost in 27 games) scores two goals in the last 3 minutes of extra time to send it to penalties!

Brisbane Roar then wins it on penalties!

Amazing game, amazing team considering the salary cap.

Meh, I think the phrase is thrown round too often these days.

He's not World Class imo.

How is he not world class?