The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

What a goal.

If/when Adam leaves in the summer, will he be as good at a bigger club?

Can see him struggling in a 442 personally.

Thought that's what Blackpool usually play?

I've found myself watch a lot of Blackpool games in their entirety this season, and while there is no doubting Adam's quality - for every wonderball you see on MOTD he wastes about three or four really promising opportunities to build up play by spraying an adventurous ball diagonally across the pitch where only a metre margin of error would suffice.

I think at Blackpool that's okay because they work so well as a team supporting his roaming role, and let's face it, he (and Vaughan to a lesser extent) are the heartbeat of that team so if he loses possession it's fine - there wasn't much that was going to happen. In a bigger team, with more structure/defined roles.. I wonder how well he would integrate unless he adapted his style and lost some of his spontaneity/wildness.

I've found myself watch a lot of Blackpool games in their entirety this season, and while there is no doubting Adam's quality - for every wonderball you see on MOTD he wastes about three or four really promising opportunities to build up play by spraying an adventurous ball diagonally across the pitch where only a metre margin of error would suffice.

I think at Blackpool that's okay because they work so well as a team supporting his roaming role, and let's face it, he (and Vaughan to a lesser extent) are the heartbeat of that team so if he loses possession it's fine - there wasn't much that was going to happen. In a bigger team, with more structure/defined roles.. I wonder how well he would integrate unless he adapted his style and lost some of his spontaneity/wildness.

But do bigger teams have more structure or more greatly defined roles? Surely greater ability leads to more movement hence more liberation? I think he'd continue to display good ability at a bigger club. Although I tend to agree he does overdo it at times.

Blackpool fans love him, reckon he's as, if not more important than Adam for them.

Guest neesy111

Ben Foster makes some brilliant saves, but you just know a mistake is around the corner.

Sounds just like Robert Green.

But do bigger teams have more structure or more greatly defined roles? Surely greater ability leads to more movement hence more liberation? I think he'd continue to display good ability at a bigger club. Although I tend to agree he does overdo it at times.

I don't know.. the Blackpool pitch can resemble a beehive at some points :lol: I see where you're coming from, and I'm fairly confident he would continue to impress - but right now he is often rampaging down both flanks, through the middle and playing a killer-final ball from his own corner flag... I just can't imagine this jack-of-all-positions business continuing if you have established/accomplished players ready to take the burden of responsibility on if they receive the ball... so he may not be the team superstar, popping up everywhere.

He would, you hope, continue to wreak havoc from whatever his role would be - and I'm sure he'd still float a fair bit - just less.

What a goal.

If/when Adam leaves in the summer, will he be as good at a bigger club?

Can see him struggling in a 442 personally.

Thought that's what Blackpool usually play?

Nah Blackpool have played 433 all the times ive seen em