The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Tired already of being treated as though we're practically relegated already. Commentary was awfully patronising. More than pleasantly surprised by that performance, but again not entirely reassured by the defensive substitutions far too early in the game, when we only held a 1-0 lead. Good 3 points though.

The way you they were going on you'd think you were fielding loads of teenagers. Was fairly patronising.

The way they were talking at the beginning, as though Norwich winning and our relegation were both foregone conclusions, really pissed me off. Same in most media as well. Tip us for relegation, fine, but when we disagree, no need to pat our heads and say 'you'll see'. Twats.

Tired already of being treated as though we're practically relegated already. Commentary was awfully patronising. More than pleasantly surprised by that performance, but again not entirely reassured by the defensive substitutions far too early in the game, when we only held a 1-0 lead. Good 3 points though.

The way you they were going on you'd think you were fielding loads of teenagers. Was fairly patronising.

The way they were talking at the beginning, as though Norwich winning and our relegation were both foregone conclusions, really pissed me off. Same in most media as well. Tip us for relegation, fine, but when we disagree, no need to pat our heads and say 'you'll see'. Twats.

Be a good thing to get a bit of team spirit going though you'd think for the players being written off left, right and centre. A sort of stick it up them attitude. Have to say after watching you tonight if you're going to struggle it might be because you play a little too expansively but that is a good thing rather than sticking 10 behind the ball and hoofing it forward to noone.

Guest Heneage

I know it was just a friendly, but it's a tad worrying that this lot beat us a couple of weeks back, they're absolutely s****.

In that case then Man City will be in deep s***, I don't think they have won any of their friendlies and played against teams they should be beating comfortably.

Like who?

While his point isn't actually correct, I would expect them to beat Dortmund comfortably.

I know it was just a friendly, but it's a tad worrying that this lot beat us a couple of weeks back, they're absolutely s****.

In that case then Man City will be in deep s***, I don't think they have won any of their friendlies and played against teams they should be beating comfortably.

Like who?

While his point isn't actually correct, I would expect them to beat Dortmund comfortably.

At the Westfallen? No way.

Like who?

Dortmund are a decent side, but no top team. Bayern beat them 5-1 there last season.

Guest Heneage

Like who?

Why? With the quality in their side, and the lack of in Dortmund's I would still tip City to win. But it wasn't a full City side, so they at least have excuses.

Good performance from Watford though, first half they were top half quality, I just think they need a bit of depth, and they'll be easily safe.

Like who?

Why? With the quality in their side, and the lack of in Dortmund's I would still tip City to win. But it wasn't a full City side, so they at least have excuses.

BVB still have a decent team especially going forward and I've yet to see anything from City that they're going to be better than they were last season where they weren't convincing. Yes they're buying players but they're not buying players to move them up 3 or 4 places IMO. They might finish CL next season and the same will happen as now loads of the players they've bought will be jettisoned as they can buy top class players. The ones they're buying at the moment are only a fraction better than what they have Silva excluded but he is unproven in the Prem.

Guest palnese

Looking forward to who we get in on loan. Reckon we need a quality midfielder, back-up striker and an actual left-back.

Donaldson, Ranger and Kadar?

Ricardo Fuller sent off last night for Stoke. Good to see they are building the momentum for their aggressive tactics in readiness for the start of the season.

Was a fairly minor raising of the arm in fairness but fucking hell, the inability of these blokes to control themselves. Its a bloody warm up match.  :idiot2:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Full day of football a head!

Football Focus

Southampton v Plymouth

Rangers v Newcastle

Man City v Valencia

:laugh:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Totally forgot about that, my sky+ schedule is full. Not sure how its going to manage NFL and NHL too.

Alan Pardew reminds me of my Biology teacher. Rick Lambert is injured, which is good, as I hope Plymouth win and return to the Championship, if only for the class they showed towards us as hosts last season. That will never be forgotten.  :clap:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Southampton have started brightly, even if they do look like a pack of cigarettes in their new kit.

Gylfi Sigurdsson would be a great signing for us imo.

Was saying that all last season. Eye for goal and brilliant delivery.

Suprised somebody hasn't gone for him. Wigan or someone.