The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

This must happen to us more than anyone else.

Off the top of my head- York, Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Millwall, Brentford, Oldham... and I'm only in my fucking early 20's. There's more from years ago and I've probaly missed a couple in my time.

Twats.

At least we can concentrate on winning the league now.

You're bound to get better soon, you can still make top 7 imo.

For my sake you can win the rest of your matches, as long as you lose some points at that sports direct stadium.

I think GrandOldTeam has gone into meltdown with those wanting Moyes out but seriously, he's got his team wrong once more tonight. His lack of tactical flexibility is continuing to be a big issue, and the main mark against him. It wasn't that the 4-5-1 doesn't create chances, we've had a stack of them tonight and this season, it's that he has no Plan B.

At least we can concentrate on winning the league now.

You're bound to get better soon, you can still make top 7 imo.

For my sake you can win the rest of your matches, as long as you lose some points at that sports direct stadium.

People will probably think I'm being overly ambitious but yeah, I think we will get top 7 again. But we've once again given a masterclass in how to throw away the chance to build up some points early in the season instead of relying on everyone to start playing in late November. It's consistently infuriating.

Moyes is a very good manager and you are a good team. Every good team hits bad periods, and as soon as you start winning again, confidence will come back. Would be a very stupid move to get rid of Moyes now.

I think GrandOldTeam has gone into meltdown with those wanting Moyes out but seriously, he's got his team wrong once more tonight. His lack of tactical flexibility is continuing to be a big issue, and the main mark against him. It wasn't that the 4-5-1 doesn't create chances, we've had a stack of them tonight and this season, it's that he has no Plan B.

Had a lot of chances tonight but can't agree we have generally this season. We've played what, 7 games is it? I can think of a few matches where we had literally one or two chances in 90mins despite loads of possession.

Couldn't believe he took Yakubu off and stayed 4-5-1 when Beckford came on. Especially when it was fucking obvious it was going to pens.

Moyes is a very good manager and you are a good team. Every good team hits bad periods, and as soon as you start winning again, confidence will come back. Would be a very stupid move to get rid of Moyes now.

I know, and of course frailties rear their head more when you're not getting the results but questions do need to be asked: there's something if every year you're making a bad start. I've praised him loads but he also needs to earn his money and get to the bottom of this mystery. November onwards last year was probably the best football I've seen Everton play over a consistent period: yet it was all combined with a lingering feeling of "what if" resulting from pre-November.

Any chance Moyes could walk though?  ???

Unlikely. He's said a few times that this year we are in the best state since he took over. I suppose you can never rule it out, though.

Had a lot of chances tonight but can't agree we have generally this season. We've played what, 7 games is it? I can think of a few matches where we had literally one or two chances in 90mins despite loads of possession.

Couldn't believe he took Yakubu off and stayed 4-5-1 when Beckford came on. Especially when it was fucking obvious it was going to pens.

Perhaps the wrong choice of term but we have a big problem up front. I should have said, the periods of domination we've had in the majority of our games and to come away with 2 points is disturbing.

And yep. He just didn't know what to do.

And to others thinking "so you want Moyes out!?!!11!", absolutely not, but he himself has made a poor start to the season.

What do or resident Evertonians think of Bilyadetdinov (as if I care if I got that wrong)? Every time I've seen him start (which isn't that many tbf), he's been quality. Can't believe he's not getting more chances, but there's surely something to that?

Murmurs on Radio Merseyside of an unhappy dressing room. Moyes not giving certain players a chance, having favourites, playing a lot of them out of position etc (which is all true)

Uh-oh.

As 1878 said, all true tbh. For the 3 issues given, see:

1) Bily

2) Osman

3) Fellaini

as examples.

What do or resident Evertonians think of Bilyadetdinov (as if I care if I got that wrong)? Every time I've seen him start (which isn't that many tbf), he's been quality. Can't believe he's not getting more chances, but there's surely something to that?

I don't know mate. I really don't know. Something has had to have happened behind closed doors to warrant such a lack of chances. It's bamboozling. How is he going to improve in this league if he isn't played, and more to it, started?