The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I was at the game yesterday. Beckford had 2 chances and put them both away, the second one was excellent. Great finish.

It's only Preston but he looked the part. We played some brilliant stuff in the second half as well, they barely touched the ball for 45mins.

Caught some highlights in SSN, it looked like you could have won 10-nil, that finish by Beckford for his second was very good.

It's one of Moyes' greatest victories in his tenure so far - the way we are increasingly playing better and better football. It's that increased technical fluidity combined with our age-old hard work ethic that gives me great confidence for this season ahead.

It's one of Moyes' greatest victories in his tenure so far - the way we are increasingly playing better and better football. It's that increased technical fluidity combined with our age-old hard work ethic that gives me great confidence for this season ahead.

I take it you're not as confident as the mong on SSN that said you were going to win the league?

I take it you're not as confident as the mong on SSN that said you were going to win the league?

Top 4 is possible, albeit improbable.

I'm resigned to the fact Man City will get one of those top 4 spots but it's perfectly realistic to be looking at finishing above Villa, Spurs and Liverpool.

I look at the league and to me, I only see Man Utd and Chelsea as teams we have to accept we're not going to finish above. Man City and Arsenal will both look at us and think "we'll easily finish above that lot", but as 1878 says, if we can avoid another plague we have every reason to be optimistic. 2 defeats in 24 is excellent form, after all. We just need to hit the ground running.

Manchester City

Chelsea

Manchester United

Arsenal

Liverpool

Those will be top 5 this year, supporters of other teams should do a reality check, even the Spurs ones.

Error: incorrect standings.

As I say, if we avoid such a ridiculous amount of injuries again I expect us to do very well. 7th or 8th would be a failure in my eyes.

Chelsea 1st, Man Utd 2nd and after that, no idea.

I dont understand all of this confidence on the back of a convincing win at Preston pre-season honestly.

Everton will be nowhere near the top 4,7th is the best I can see them finishing,maybe even 8th.

:lol: It's not just based on the Preston game though. That would be daft.

Second half of the season when we got our players back together our form wasn't far off title winning stuff. Obviously we won't be able to do that over a whole season and go for the title(!) but there's absolutely no reason we shouldn't aim for top 4. It will be hard and we'll need a slice of luck but it's not far fetched to think we can do it.

The first XI is quality and we've got much better options available on the bench than we had say, 2 years ago. This squad is definitely better than the ones that finished 4th, 5th (x2) and 6th.

Agree with billytray. Wouldn't mind seeing a team like Everton break into the top 4 again but it ain't going to happen.

IMO top 3 will be Chelsea, Manure, Man City in some order and I just can't see Everton beating Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, us ( :harry:) to 4th.

FT DC United [4 - 0] Portsmouth

21' [1 - 0] D. Allsopp

31' [2 - 0] D. Allsopp

RED CARD   54' S. Quaranta

RED CARD   54'    T. Smith

56' [3 - 0] P. Hernandez

65' [4 - 0] D. Allsopp

RED CARD   89'    J. James

SO MUCH FOR A FRIENDLY GAME...

What the hell are Portsmouth even doing touring North America? Where did they even get the money for this? And I didn't even know they were coming, that's terrible publicity. They continue to amaze me.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Tottenham and Sporting are playing right now.

You know, I saw it on the TV guide, but I thought it was another replay of the game from the other day.  :idiot2:

Jenas is one of those players that should inspire anyone into thinking they can become a Premiership Footballer. He's just 'been there' for 10 seasons and gets away with a reputation.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So is Robbie Keane being 1st choice striker a 'shop window' gig, or is Redknapper keeping him (again)?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If I could get over the fact its Americans commentating, and they have some 'unique' sayings (draws the foul), I'd argue this commentary team sounds/acts far more professional then any English Commentary pair over the last few years.