The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

If I could get over the fact its Americans commentating, and they have some 'unique' sayings (draws the foul), I'd argue this commentary team sounds/acts far more professional then any English Commentary pair over the last few years.

I hope you're not listening to the same two guys I am. This color guy is the worst I've heard, and I'm alsmot hoping that there's not another goal so I don't have to hear "It's in the net. It's in the net" again.

Guest Heneage

If I could get over the fact its Americans commentating, and they have some 'unique' sayings (draws the foul), I'd argue this commentary team sounds/acts far more professional then any English Commentary pair over the last few years.

I hope you're not listening to the same two guys I am. This color guy is the worst I've heard, and I'm alsmot hoping that there's not another goal so I don't have to hear "It's in the net. It's in the net" again.

Did your guys just make reference to Jersey traffic and call Bale, Gareth Barry for 5 minutes?

Did your guys just make reference to Jersey traffic and call Bale, Gareth Barry for 5 minutes?

Yes. Please don't call them mine though.  :angry:

In the first Tottenham game he referred to Bale as "Christian Bale."

Also, love how excited they get over such simple things. "OH, AND IT'S A CORNER!"  :colo:

for the first time in history looking forward to watching Everton next season (didn't see them at all last), very attractive looking team potentially. Get off to a hot start and could easily be in the European shake up.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

NYRB 1 - 0 Man City

Henry is going to embarrass MLS, though he does appear to be look a little bloated. The young left winger for Man City looks decent.

NYRB 1 - 0 Man City

Henry is going to embarrass MLS, though he does appear to be look a little bloated. The young left winger for Man City looks decent.

Looks too easy for him though he seems to be able to do no wrong when it comes to the commentators of this match. I know it's only pre season but this city team looks terrible. Although they do have quite a few players missing, including their new signings, silva etc.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

NYRB 1 - 0 Man City

Looks too easy for him though he seems to be able to do no wrong when it comes to the commentators of this match. I know it's only pre season but this city team looks terrible.

Thats what I mean, he doesn't even appear to be playing at even 50% of what we're used to, yet he's waltzing. City do look poor, but Ben Mee's name is cool.

NYRB 1 - 0 Man City

Looks too easy for him though he seems to be able to do no wrong when it comes to the commentators of this match. I know it's only pre season but this city team looks terrible.

Thats what I mean, he doesn't even appear to be playing at even 50% of what we're used to, yet he's waltzing. City do look poor, but Ben Mee's name is cool.

I was actually willing him on to score from that threw ball he received about midway through the first half.. I reckon if that was the old Henry mind it'd of been a goal. According to New York's fixtures they play another match tonight in the MLS?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not sure, chances are they were possibly due to play one today, but things have switched around to make room for these 'mid season/pre season' games. That through ball he chased was perfect for a quicker Henry, made me think of that goal where he did the Maradonna turn around the keeper, and the hours trying to do it on FIFA shortly afterwards.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

'Stellar' finish from Jo  :lol:

My lass reckons NYRB should be the team we both support.

:lol: I'd rather listen to these 2 commentators than anything from the BBC/ITV.

I might actually take some time to watch NYRB now they have Henry... They seem not a bad side tbf.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Jo for city makes it 1-1..

Wonder what lies in store for Jo this season. Did OK for Everton, but seemed injured more often than not. Get the impression he'd work well with 'addy-buy-your'.

:lol: I'd rather listen to these 2 commentators than anything from the BBC/ITV.

I might actually take some time to watch NYRB now they have Henry... They seem not a bad side tbf.

Never in a million years thought I'd see a strike partnership of Henry and Angel  :lol: MLS could be like fantasy football 10 years too late.

Never in a million years thought I'd see a strike partnership of Henry and Angel  :lol: MLS could be like fantasy football 10 years too late.

It's the fact they talk of Angel like he's Messi :lol:

Jo has shown some nice touches/link up play but I still reckon city will try and flog him the second the right offer comes their way.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's the fact they talk of Angel like he's Messi :lol:

Jo has shown some nice touches/link up play but I still reckon city will try and flog him the second the right offer comes their way.

Well it is the league that hailed the arrival of Darren Hucker-berry like the 2nd coming of David Beckham, and Daniel Dichio was top goalscorer! Though it does seem to have improved vastly in the last 2-3 years. Should really make an effort to watch more, bit gutted coverage by ESPN is so sporadic. Dan said bet365 shows a lot of the games, not sure I can be bothered to be up that early though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was a quality goal, you could see him setting himself up to smash it too. I know its only Pre-Season, and its not their first team, but Man City are leaking goals all over the place.

Was a quality goal, you could see him setting himself up to smash it too. I know its only Pre-Season, and its not their first team, but Man City are leaking goals all over the place.

Could of been 3 just then.. they are getting carved apart.