The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Remember when Madrid won 0-1 at your turf, you gave them quite a game :thup:

And when you won 2-0 of course :lol:, but that feels like a century ago.

Must be on about Rosenborg now, as I don't think we've ever played Real Madrid?

Do you remember the games against AIK? We played you in the cup-winners-cup in '97 I think, and then again in the Champions League in '99. Only got vague memories of us playing against eachother in the cup winners cup, but our home tie in the Champions League, I'll never forget. We were 1-0 up after a beautiful chipped goal and then you equalised on a corner, when we were half way into making a substitution and none of our players were ready for the ball to be played. Even though you went on to win the game 2-1, it's one of my biggest moments in football that game.

:facepalm:

Why was I posting about Rosenborg with that big ass AIK shield below your signature :lol:

I do remember that 1-2. Remember celebrating that cuntish goal indeed, you got a man sent off and went into disarray, which pretty much handed us that injury time winner.

I will point out that the Camp Nou tie finished 5-0 to us, though!

Remember when Madrid won 0-1 at your turf, you gave them quite a game :thup:

And when you won 2-0 of course :lol:, but that feels like a century ago.

Must be on about Rosenborg now, as I don't think we've ever played Real Madrid?

Do you remember the games against AIK? We played you in the cup-winners-cup in '97 I think, and then again in the Champions League in '99. Only got vague memories of us playing against eachother in the cup winners cup, but our home tie in the Champions League, I'll never forget. We were 1-0 up after a beautiful chipped goal and then you equalised on a corner, when we were half way into making a substitution and none of our players were ready for the ball to be played. Even though you went on to win the game 2-1, it's one of my biggest moments in football that game.

:facepalm:

Why was I posting about Rosenborg with that big ass AIK shield below your signature :lol:

I do remember that 1-2. Remember celebrating that cuntish goal indeed, you got a man sent off and went into disarray, which pretty much handed us that injury time winner.

I will point out that the Camp Nou tie finished 5-0 to us, though!

Was such a horrible way to lose. We were so close to actually winning against the mighty Barcelona and then that shit happens. We obviously had no chance of going through from the group stages, but just a win would have been fantastic.

And Djalo scored both.

Is he any good? we're apparently trying to swap Pav for him.

Looked good, kind of like Nani. Really fast, kind of lacking an end product, but was pretty surprised by him. He is 24 though, only a few more years left for him to polish up his play a bit.

Beckford scores 2

As did Kevin Nolan against Preston. Neither will do fuck all next season.

Nolan, if he starts the majority of our games, will get around five goals, while contributing with next to nothing as a midfielder next season.

Beckford scores 2

As did Kevin Nolan against Preston. Neither will do fuck all next season.

Not bad for the laziest player ever who couldn't get in a league one team mind.

Yes it's pre-season but it's good to see us getting some wins. Too often we've had a poor pre-season and considering our starts over the past few years, it's encouraging. Of course, I'm more interested to see how we do when we have a proper test (Wolfsburg away arranged).

I was at the game yesterday. Beckford had 2 chances and put them both away, the second one was excellent. Great finish.

It's only Preston but he looked the part. We played some brilliant stuff in the second half as well, they barely touched the ball for 45mins.