The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Arsenal are the same as always. A group of talented young players (and a few very nice older/in their prime players who will be injured 80 percent of the season) that will win nothing. Man U have a team consisting of many average players. Their best player and talisman is injured mentally and physically. Man City will finish second imo, and this is not even taking account what they probably will buy in January.

Guest kingdawson

That Crouch down to vDV is really working for them.

I went yesterday.

That hoof it to Crouchie and look for the knock downs thing is horrible to watch, but it works.

We played very well and deserved a point.

I could cry and moan like you did when i mentioned your style of play in this exact thread but i won't.

You played well first half, second half we played much better than you (taking of pavlychenko and going 4-5-1 did wonders). You was up against our 4th and 5th choice cb's and 2nd choice rb so naturally you'd have a few chances. Btw Richard Dunne has been rather crap everytime i've seen you lot this season.

Guest kingdawson

Paul Robinson is going bald.

You just realised?

I don't follow Blackburn.

Neither do i. Doesn't stop you having eyes though.

I went yesterday.

That hoof it to Crouchie and look for the knock downs thing is horrible to watch, but it works.

I could cry and moan like you did when i mentioned your style of play in this exact thread but i won't.

You played well first half, second half we played much better than you (taking of pavlychenko and going 4-5-1 did wonders). You was up against our 4th and 5th choice cb's and 2nd choice rb so naturally you'd have a few chances. Btw Richard Dunne has been rather crap everytime i've seen you lot this season.

I didn't cry and moan, i mentioned that it was a bit hypocritical for you to talk about us hoofing it (and as a critic of MON's style of play, even I thought that was harsh) when you yourselves have a propensity to lump it long to Crouchy.

My point was that if you make yourselves out to be the modern incarnation of total football, you don't really want to be turning in to Blackburn when it suits you.

Guest kingdawson

I went yesterday.

I didn't cry and moan, i mentioned that it was a bit hypocritical for you to talk about us hoofing it (and as a critic of MON's style of play, even I thought that was harsh) when you yourselves have a propensity to lump it long to Crouchy.

My point was that if you make yourselves out to be the modern incarnation of total football, you don't really want to be turning in to Blackburn when it suits you.

"Oh, that's a shame, did you resort to that lumping it long to Crouchy stuff again?  I woudn't fancy watching that.

Mind you, maybe I'm just tetchy about it, as I actually go to the games, which would make it even more annoying for me, rather than just flouncing around the internet, preaching on football purity whilst ignoring the predictable long ball guff my own team falls back on a bit too much.

Incidentally, if you think it is a conscious tactic to cede the lion share of possession at home to Everton, you're insane. As you are if you think there should have been some gigantic change of style since MON flounced off.

This is still O'Neill's team. I'm sure that, were we Spurs, we'd have turned into Brazil 1970 by now, but hey ho."

That was your response after i made a comment about your style of play whilst villa were playing. Sorry but you resorting to personal insults constitutes as you crying and moaning imo.

You played well first half without creating much. Second half we bossed you and deserved the 3 points. Dunne was horrendus btw.

I thought you were the one crying and moaning, to be honest, calling us the anti football and what not.

The point is, I don't come on here and make us out to be the purest form of football. You, and Spurs fans the internet over, do.

That may or may not have validity as a claim, but I suspect it doesn't when you spend so much time hitting it long to Crouchy.

Your regurgitating that quote again proves that, one year on, you're still hitting it long to the big lad, just like you did against us last year.

That long ball thing is something I noticed lots of people mentioning last week, when i had a peek at Glory Glory. Even MON didn't resort to that sort of stuff. Wingers witlessly banging it into the box and hoping for the best, yes. Hoofed balls from defence towards a 6'6 striker, no.

One year on? that post was like 2 weeks old. What you talking about?

I was referring to last year.

Have you not noticed the big hoof to Crouchy?

There's nothing wrong with that, KD, it just kind of invalidates your proselytising about other teams not matching your pure brand of football. You did it against us last season, you did it against us yesterday.

It's a bit like listening to Josef Fritzl pontificating about child care.

Guest kingdawson

I thought you were the one crying and moaning, to be honest, calling us the anti football and what not.

The point is, I don't come on here and make us out to be the purest form of football. You, and Spurs fans the internet over, do.

That may or may not have validity as a claim, but I suspect it doesn't when you spend so much time hitting it long to Crouchy.

Your regurgitating that quote again proves that, one year on, you're still hitting it long to the big lad, just like you did against us last year.

That long ball thing is something I noticed lots of people mentioning last week, when i had a peek at Glory Glory. Even MON didn't resort to that sort of stuff. Wingers witlessly banging it into the box and hoping for the best, yes. Hoofed balls from defence towards a 6'6 striker, no.

False. Countless times i've openly admitted when we've played shit. The difference is i accept when others criticise my team on a thread titled "OTHER GAMES TODAY" whilst you resort to personal insults. That's the difference.

False. Countless times i've openly admitted when we've played shit. The difference is i accept when others criticise my team on a thread titled "OTHER GAMES TODAY" whilst you resort to personal insults. That's the difference.

No, it's not about "playing shit".

Every team plays shit. It's about you telling us how you're the incarnation of good football whilst ignoring the fact that you hit it aimlessly long more than most teams. It is a tactic you fall back on quite a lot.

Like I said, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it works quite well at times. I just think it negates the high horse about football style.

Guest kingdawson

Funny that. Our first goal was from a Pavlychenko cross from the wings and the second goal was from a Lennon cross from the wings. So therefore that according to you isn't long ball, thus concluding that  we didn 't play long ball yesterday.

Cheers for clearing up what is and isn't long ball :thup: