The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

WBA desperately unlucky against Man U - they look a far better team than we do and if they had Carroll I reckon they'd finish mid-table without a problem. Even Fergie had to admit Man U had to battle to get a result and the missed penalty was probably the turning point of the game.

You have to give credit to Di Matteo - he has made some shrewd signings and got them playing good controlled football. They might still go down, but with more money spent in Jan they would not be a relegation side in my view.

Anyone else watching the Old Firm game? Notice how none of the Celtic management team were publicly visible during the silence for Ibrox disaster anniversary. When Lennon headbutted Shearer boot Al should have put a bit of power in it.

This is the same as every Old Firm game I've ever seen. Game starts, there is lots of dangerous challenges and quite a rucus in the crowd - commentators hype about the fiery, fast nature of the game and the way it has started at a blistering pace. The game then continues to plod along in the same way, without any quality or constructive attacking moves. It will be a 'competitive, well fought' match up and the commentators will talk about how a goal will soon be forthcoming, then finally after a long wait, the ball will eventually hit the net through luck more than good judgement. The crowd will erupt and the commentators will proceed to rave about the goal since it is the only good thing to happen all game.

The game will then probably finish 1-0, the divvees in the crowd will taunt each other over things unrelated to football, banners and flags will be shown and the winners will subsequently have bragging right fors the next 4 days or whatever until they then play each other again.

Cycle repeats 'till end of time.

It should be one of the greatest events in world football, and the history of both clubs is fantastic. However because of the nonsense that goes with it, the ridiculous amount of times they play each other and the rapidly declining quality of the SPL it's basically total shit every time I watch it.

Guest Chubby Jason

Did the Celtic fans behave during the minutes silence? Or did they have a fantastically tasteful banner stating how fantastic it was?