The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

CRonaldo won the Champions League because Terry is a s*** penalty taker to be honest.

And Nobody, how come winning the World Cup doesn't matter? I mean he was the top goal scorer for the best national team in the World?

CRonaldo is a great player no doubt, but to compare him with the original Ronaldo is a bit heavy, he hasn't done half of what Ronaldo has done. Ronaldo was twice the Worlds best player at the age of 21, and was heavily injured but still came back after two years and won it again.

A month ago you were telling me that Ronaldinho was still one of the best players at Milan. You're just a dirty fibber.

I love The Ronaldo, obviously. But if Cronaldo can carry on for another 5 years or more at this level, there's going to be no comparison.

Cristiano will still never be as good as Ronaldo was at his peak.

I agree.

Guest Heneage

Meh not really.

They have a potentially decent squad I just think people expect Juve to spend big because of the days of Nedved and Thuram. Many forget those deals were funded by the sale of Zidane and prior to that the Juventus way was to buy cheap and develop.

For me they are in a transitional period, they need fresh blood and for me selling Criscito and loaning out Giovinco is wrong. Those players cost nothing and should be used as the building blocks for the future.

I assume they'll buy Aquilani send back Motta and Pepe. As for what they need and what they'll get it's too differing stories. They need new fullbacks and a new figurehead in attack as well as a left winger.

Guest Heneage

Naples is a hard place to come to there's no questioning that. Couple that with certain decisions not going Juve's way and some clinical Cavani finishing and you find yourself at 3-0.

Like I said Toni's goal is allowed and you get a totally different game.

Would love it if Napoli could keep this up for the whole season and make it back into the Champions League  :aww:

Don't know much about Cavani but wiki says he is on loan from Palermo. Why exactly have Palermo loaned him out  ???

loan to buy? money problems?

Guest Heneage

Where abouts are Napoli in the league? Got a very handy forward line with Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik.

Go up into 2nd on the back of this. As you say the attack is strong it's the back line that lets them down.

The only plus from a Juve point is that Toni's looked a handful.

Would love it if Napoli could keep this up for the whole season and make it back into the Champions League  :aww:

Don't know much about Cavani but wiki says he is on loan from Palermo. Why exactly have Palermo loaned him out  ???

Correct.

Palermo are a small club, Napoli are a big club. Transfer dealings in Italy don't generally follow the same normalisms of everywhere else, so weird loan and co-ownership deals are usually just accepted rather than actually trying understand the logic behind them  :laugh:

Wish Inter had bought Cavani like.

Guest Heneage

I'm happy he went to Napoli it spreads the talent around making for a better league.

Goal.com claim juve are to make a bid for Forlan, can't see it myself.

Correct.

Palermo are a small club, Napoli are a big club. Transfer dealings in Italy don't generally follow the same normalisms of everywhere else, so weird loan and co-ownership deals are usually just accepted rather than actually trying understand the logic behind them  :laugh:

:thup: Seems a bit strange though, they've been in and around Europe for a good few years and made a lot of money from the sale of Kjaer, Amauri etc I suspect. Napoli have only just returned to the upper echelons of Serie A anarl.

CRonaldo won the Champions League because Terry is a s*** penalty taker to be honest.

And Nobody, how come winning the World Cup doesn't matter? I mean he was the top goal scorer for the best national team in the World?

CRonaldo is a great player no doubt, but to compare him with the original Ronaldo is a bit heavy, he hasn't done half of what Ronaldo has done. Ronaldo was twice the Worlds best player at the age of 21, and was heavily injured but still came back after two years and won it again.

A month ago you were telling me that Ronaldinho was still one of the best players at Milan. You're just a dirty fibber.

I love The Ronaldo, obviously. But if Cronaldo can carry on for another 5 years or more at this level, there's going to be no comparison.

Cristiano will still never be as good as Ronaldo was at his peak.

I agree.

Ronaldinho is still twice the player Seedorf is, now that they got Cassano he has no place in that team agreed. But you can't question the fact that last season he was Milan's most productive player and that this season he lost his place. I was wrong, but you can't argue against the fact that he was their most productive player last season as he was involved in more than 45% of their goals.

And CRonaldo can play at this level for another 5 years, but he still won't have won a World Cup or carried a team on his own like Pele, Garrincha and Maradona once did.

Messi on the other hand has proven that Barcelona isn't even near the same team without him. They rely heavily on him to be dominant.

And CRonaldo can play at this level for another 5 years, but he still won't have won a World Cup or carried a team on his own like Pele, Garrincha and Maradona once did.

Messi on the other hand has proven that Barcelona isn't even near the same team without him. They rely heavily on him to be dominant.

Ronaldo has carried Madrid on his own this season, basically been a one man team.  They are a lot more dependent on him than Barcelona are on Messi. 

Messi is still the better player, though.

I genuinely think this daft Brazilian's forgotten what he's arguing about. What on earth do Pele, Garrincha and Maradona have to do with this? :lol:

Messi will probably never win a World Cup either, Felipao. Doesn't mean he's not the best player i've ever seen.

Guest kingdawson

Would love it if Napoli could keep this up for the whole season and make it back into the Champions League  :aww:

Don't know much about Cavani but wiki says he is on loan from Palermo. Why exactly have Palermo loaned him out  ???

Correct.

Palermo are a small club, Napoli are a big club. Transfer dealings in Italy don't generally follow the same normalisms of everywhere else, so weird loan and co-ownership deals are usually just accepted rather than actually trying understand the logic behind them  :laugh:

:thup: Seems a bit strange though, they've been in and around Europe for a good few years and made a lot of money from the sale of Kjaer, Amauri etc I suspect. Napoli have only just returned to the upper echelons of Serie A anarl.

The Palermo chairman said last season he had accepted a 28m bid from us for Cavani and Kjaer...then he loans Cavani to Napoli. Seria A transfer deals seem very dodgy imo.

Ronaldo, as I said my internet is wank and therefore my quoting too. Also be nice no point calling me daft.

Anyways,

I was referring to Pissi saying that if they keep on like this they will be regarded the two greatest of all time, something I don't agree with at all.

And you must surely either be 10 years old or you never saw the likes of Zico, Maradona, Zidane, original Ronaldo to call Messi the best player you've ever seen?

Surely Ronaldo scored as many goals as Messi did during his single season in Barcelona?

Find a current player who adapted and scored so many goals in three different leagues for five different teams as Ronaldo. Find a current player who singlehandedly won a Champions League and World Cup Final as Zidane did. Find a current player who won a whole world cup on his own as Maradona and Garrincha did.

There's no arguing that Messi is the best in the world.

Ronaldo, as I said my internet is w*** and therefore my quoting too. Also be nice no point calling me daft.

Anyways,

I was referring to Pissi saying that if they keep on like this they will be regarded the two greatest of all time, something I don't agree with at all.

And you must surely either be 10 years old or you never saw the likes of Zico, Maradona, Zidane, original Ronaldo to call Messi the best player you've ever seen?

Surely Ronaldo scored as many goals as Messi did during his single season in Barcelona?

Find a current player who adapted and scored so many goals in three different leagues for five different teams as Ronaldo. Find a current player who singlehandedly won a Champions League and World Cup Final as Zidane did. Find a current player who won a whole world cup on his own as Maradona and Garrincha did.

There's no arguing that Messi is the best in the world.

Messi pisses all over Zidane.

The answer to your question is no, btw.

Guest Heneage

Probably more that he just didn't want to go to Spurs, tbh.

Would agree with that tbh.

I don't think the Premier League is as attractive as it's fans think. Fact neither player agreed to the deal says a lot.

Probably more that he just didn't want to go to Spurs, tbh.

Would agree with that tbh.

I don't think the Premier League is as attractive as it's fans think. Fact neither player agreed to the deal says a lot.

Plus Napoli fans > Spuds.