The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

He made quite a few threatening runs and looked like he could have made something happen, he ran through the centre a couple of times and looked our most threatening player in the first half.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/5451440485_a9c385511b_z.jpg

The arrogance of Arshavin is incredible  :lol:

He made quite a few threatening runs and looked like he could have made something happen, he ran through the centre a couple of times and looked our most threatening player in the first half.

I agree, i thought Walcott looked dangerous, end product let him down a couple of times, but was brilliant for Van Persies effort when Fabregas flicked it over for him.

Guest neesy111

Arsenal didn't get the ball to Walcott as much as they should have done imo.  When he had the ball he was very useful, also I think many people criticise Walcott too much.  The Arsenal fans I speak to say he's a lot better than what is made out by the media.

He made quite a few threatening runs and looked like he could have made something happen

Want to buy Jonas? £15m he's yours.

Eden Hazard is available apparently, no thanks.

Arsenal didn't get the ball to Walcott as much as they should have done imo.  When he had the ball he was very useful, also I think many people criticise Walcott too much.  The Arsenal fans I speak to say he's a lot better than what is made out by the media.

He's doing really well, his finishing is excellent unfortunately this formation is working so well it's going to be difficult for him to play up front. Most of his good work comes when he is  playing through the middle but i think he is seriously underrated.

Edit: He's also been crucial to RvP's good form imo.

What are the Barcelona-based media saying about the match, VI? Disappointed? Accepting defeat but confident of winning the tie in the Camp Nou?

I think you have to be scared of how you conceded both goals because they were both easy goals to defend. And now you've got Pique banned for the second leg, Maxwell has to start again at LB and he's going to be troubled by Arsenal's pace like he was. No Pique, an unfit Puyol partnering Abidal (who was excellent last night). Your defence isn't going to be stronger than it was last night.

I don't know, I don't think it's certain that you will beat them. An early goal would be immense, but if they score first, you'll be fucked.

What are the Barcelona-based media saying about the match, VI? Disappointed? Accepting defeat but confident of winning the tie in the Camp Nou?

Too busy blaming the ref.

I think you have to be scared of how you conceded both goals because they were both easy goals to defend. And now you've got Pique banned for the second leg, Maxwell has to start again at LB and he's going to be troubled by Arsenal's pace like he was. No Pique, an unfit Puyol partnering Abidal (who was excellent last night). Your defence isn't going to be stronger than it was last night.

I don't know, I don't think it's certain that you will beat them. An early goal would be immense, but if they score first, you'll be f***ed.

I'll tell you in a couple weeks. The team is going through a bad fitness patch right now, but after the Copa ties of the last two months are put behind we should be able to regain some strength. I share your fears regarding our defence, but honestly if we perform at our level we should win this tie.

I don't know, I don't think it's certain that you will beat them. An early goal would be immense, but if they score first, you'll be f***ed.

Maybe they should play burquest at the back. He is already an auxiliary centre half as he is.

Maybe they should play burquest at the back. He is already an auxiliary centre half as he is.

Pep has rehearsed that already. He's not a good enough tackler to play there imho.

No offence to VI but as a neutral, I'm a sucker for the underdog so Arsenal scoring first is what I want as it'll make the tie more interesting.

Barca score first and they'll walk it. Its boring seeing one side dominate.

Guest neesy111

No offence to VI but as a neutral, I'm a sucker for the underdog so Arsenal scoring first is what I want as it'll make the tie more interesting.

Barca score first and they'll walk it. Its boring seeing one side dominate.

Spot on, people wanted Arsenal to win as they wanted to see some competitiveness to the whole tie.

Like I said, Barca has to win for my sanity's sake. Another Man Utd victory would be so fucking infuriating and you know every team left in the competition will be scared of Man Utd. The only team right now that thinks it can beat Man Utd is Barca, so they must survive.

It's not as if mascherano hasn't played well against arsenal before

With mascherano tackling here n there, busquest just needs to position well to shut up shop, where previously burquest positions well for aggressive defenders to launch safe tackles

I couldn't understand what Mascherano wasn't brought on. Barca clearly need a physical prsence in midfield because fabregas seemed to be getting more and more space as the game went on and Wilshere was just running through the midfield with ease as if xavi and iniesta weren't even there. Keita is awful.

They could beat Man Utd but I don't think they'd scare Man Utd like you guys obviously do now, and the mentality you take into these games can be such an x-factor because of how evenly matched most teams are. You're Federer in his prime, your opponents are beat before the match is begun.

Guest neesy111

Like I said, Barca has to win for my sanity's sake. Another Man Utd victory would be so fucking infuriating and you know every team left in the competition will be scared of Man Utd. The only team right now that thinks it can beat Man Utd is Barca, so they must survive.

Man Utd don't have a hope in hell in winning the CL this season imo.

Guest neesy111

We're not talking about last night's match, neesy.

So why was Arsenal spoke in that statement then :idiot2:

Because we're talking about the match in two weeks, you idiot.

AND WHAT DID I FUCKING SAY.  People wanted Arsenal to win LAST NIGHT so that it made the tie (overall) including the match in 2 weeks more interesting.