The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Our fitness levels let us down tonight. Still well done Arsenal :clap:

We should bid 60m for Wilshere and screw Cesc.

In all seriousness, Wilshere would be a much better buy.

I'm serious, he was utterly brilliant tonight.

Wilshere is the future of England, has to be.

Great stuff from Arsenal in the 2nd half. Their energy levels and a very rare below-par performance from Barca in the 2nd period mean this tie is a lot more alive than I expected it to be come the end of the 1st leg. They were made to pay for some rare awful finishing from Messi. I still think Barca will go through but good on Arsenal, they've given themselves a chance.

My only worry is that the team was obviously jaded tonight and we again paid the price in the last 15 minutes, Pedro and Messi were dragging their feet which is  very unlike themselves. If we can recover some fitness we'll be fine.

I wouldn't say you looked jaded, but you put a lot of energy into the first 70 minutes, and had to slow down some time.

You only look vulnerable when the opposition can get at your back four. Most of the time, Arsenal couldn't do it because you defend so well up the field. But your pace had to drop some time.

At the end of the day though, you were the better side and were unlucky to lose.

Guest Wearside

wilshere was fantastic btw, only arsenal player who really turned up 1st half, and pivotal in the 2nd.

Agree totally,he was different class tonight.

We are now officially better than Barcelona. Order is restored :snod:

fucking hell, 7k people at an FA Cup match?

Wigan need to disappear from the top 2 tiers (at least) of football. ASAP.

Wigan and Bolton are closer than Newcastle and Sunderland too distance wise, not that I'm surprised at the crowd like.

wilshere was fantastic btw, only arsenal player who really turned up 1st half, and pivotal in the 2nd.

Agree totally,he was different class tonight.

Thirded. Thought Eboue was decent tonight n all.