Houllier?

Aphrodite

Was glancing in FourFourTwo in the dentist today and it said something along the lines of Houllier wanting to come to Newcastle at the time when we appointed Keegan (second time obv). Read almost like a 'come and get me' type plea. Tried to find it online- anyone else seen it or heard of it?

Was glancing in FourFourTwo in the dentist today and it said something along the lines of Houllier wanting to come to Newcastle at the time when we appointed Keegan (second time obv). Read almost like a 'come and get me' type plea. Tried to find it online- anyone else seen it or heard of it?

Yes mate, was gonna post this yesterday.

Try the Evening Standard online.

I read the same article in there last night (hard copy) and he said something along the lines of "I've had some offers from Premier League Clubs since and I thought it was going to happen and then they went and appointed Keegan".

He referred to 2004 being the year but that didn't seem quite right from memory.

Guest neesy111

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

i wanted houllier 200% at that time, a very good manager who hasn't got the credit for the job he did at anfield, apart from rafa being the luckiest manager ever to win the champs league, houllier did a much better job

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

i wanted houllier 200% at that time, a very good manager who hasn't got the credit for the job he did at anfield, apart from rafa being the luckiest manager ever to win the champs league, houllier did a much better job

He was very critical (albeit indirectly) of Benitez in the same article Neesy saying much the same ...............he reckoned a few players after the champs league win were in touch and told him it was his team that had won it etc etc.

He said 12 of the 13 involved were his players.

He also said his big regret at Anfield was letting others make transfer decisions when he was unwell. Think he mentioned Diouf and Diao as two that should never have been signed.

He slated Roy Evans saying he was never a Manager, too nice, didn't want to upset big name players and was only ever capable of being a number 2.

Guest Alanzinho

He would've been a quality acquisition for us, but would he have stood for the nonsense KK did on leaving e.g. answering to Dennis Wise and working for Ashley? I think not

One of the biggest twats in football. Blames everyone else for his own mistakes (even one overhit pass 17 years ago) and tries to take credit for other peoples success. How the fuck was it his team that won the champions league when he was in charge of the same team and they didnt get past the quarters. Benitez and his signings had tons to do with it.

One of the biggest twats in football. Blames everyone else for his own mistakes (even one overhit pass 17 years ago) and tries to take credit for other peoples success. How the fuck was it his team that won the champions league when he was in charge of the same team and they didnt get past the quarters. Benitez and his signings had tons to do with it.

Liverpool:

Dudek

Finnan (Hamann 46)

Traore

Hyypia

Carragher

Riise

Gerrard

Luis Garcia

Alonso

Kewell (Smicer 23)

Baros (Cisse 85).

So two signings? Is that right?

Liverpool:

Dudek

Finnan (Hamann 46)

Traore

Hyypia

Carragher

Riise

Gerrard

Luis Garcia

Alonso

Kewell (Smicer 23)

Baros (Cisse 85).

Didnt Garcia score the winning goal in half of the games? wasnt Alonso a massive improvement on Danny Murphy? Didnt Gerrard and Carragher perform better than they ever did with Houllier? It's not like it was a great team Benitez walked into, Houllier left more flops and average players than Benitez has. Just look at the the 'best' of the bunch there.

Makes no difference anyway. How can it be Houllier's team without the man himself in charge of it? in which case they wouldn't have got close to winning it.

Guest neesy111

Liverpool:

Dudek

Finnan (Hamann 46)

Traore

Hyypia

Carragher

Riise

Gerrard

Luis Garcia

Alonso

Kewell (Smicer 23)

Baros (Cisse 85).

Didnt Garcia score the winning goal in half of the games? wasnt Alonso a massive improvement on Danny Murphy? Didnt Gerrard and Carragher perform better than they ever did with Houllier? It's not like it was a great team Benitez walked into, Houllier left more flops and average players than Benitez has. Just look at the the 'best' of the bunch there.

Makes no difference anyway. How can it be Houllier's team without the man himself in charge of it? in which case they wouldn't have got close to winning it.

liverpool fluked their way in the champions league that season, remember they we're shocking in the league

And they fluked their way to the final two years alter aswell? It's undeniable that Benitez made them a far bigger force in Europe, with and without his own players.

He also said his big regret at Anfield was letting others make transfer decisions when he was unwell. Think he mentioned Diouf and Diao as two that should never have been signed.

HA HA HA !!! They signed after the 2002 W/C which he watched them as he was part of UEFA's and FIFA's Technical Committe,  he had been well for months. Also good reading "Twelve out of 14 in Istanbul were players I had signed or developed. I left Liverpool with a team and in the Champions League"

The french fucker wants it both ways, players he signed that were shite nowt to do with him, team he did not manage wins the CL & he wants the glory. Just fuck off man.

One of the biggest twats in football. Blames everyone else for his own mistakes (even one overhit pass 17 years ago) and tries to take credit for other peoples success.

Spot on.

The way the twat keeps going on about the Ginola pass just cracks me up, what a cunt :lol:

Guest Stephen927

I don't think Liverpool fluked their way to the CL that year. Benetiz' style while at Liverpool always suited European competitions much more than it did the Premiership. The final they got lucky with Gerrard's starfish but the spirit in the second half was no fluke. Bringing Didi Hamann on was also a masterstroke.

I personally don't have much time for the usual "manager X won this with the previous manager's team" talk. That's only one part of the managing job, the biggest challenge is turning those players into an unit that wins games and trophies.

Guest neesy111

I don't think Liverpool fluked their way to the CL that year. Benetiz' style while at Liverpool always suited European competitions much more than it did the Premiership. The final they got lucky with Gerrard's starfish but the spirit in the second half was no fluke. Bringing Didi Hamann on was also a masterstroke.

The results and luck they got in that run, will never ever happen again!

One of the biggest twats in football. Blames everyone else for his own mistakes (even one overhit pass 17 years ago) and tries to take credit for other peoples success.

Spot on.

The way the twat keeps going on about the Ginola pass just cracks me up, what a cunt :lol:

From Ginola:

"A journalist friend phoned me at home and told me to switch on the television to watch what Houllier was saying," Ginola revealed. "I saw him claim: 'David Ginola is a criminal. I repeat, he is a criminal.'

:lol: