Will Mike spend any of this on NUFC?

Guest neesy111

Didn't he lose shedloads during the recession anyway? I doubt this has even got him back to where he was beforehand, so as people have said would be rather surprised if his profits there have anything to do with how much he puts into the club.

Not suprising, I was about to buy some holiday clothes from there yesterday until the person the till told me that if I changed my mind once I got home they offer no Cash refunds, credit notes only. Never heard of this before, once he has your money your never getting it back. Made me laugh to myself though as I sort of thought more money for the team.

Not suprising, I was about to buy some holiday clothes from there yesterday until the person the till told me that if I changed my mind once I got home they offer no Cash refunds, credit notes only. Never heard of this before, once he has your money your never getting it back. Made me laugh to myself though as I sort of thought more money for the team.

Loads of stores only do credit notes

Loads of stores only do credit notes

Really, I must admit clothing wise I only shop in 2 or 3 places.

Guest Stephen927

I always thought it was law that they had to give a full cash refund if the product is faulty? In England anyways.

Back to the original question, probably not, but if he starts enjoying himself at the games again etc. then he might.

We won't get any trophy buys, but if we're having a good start to the season then he might free up an extra £10m or so if some good young prospects become available in January

Guest firetotheworks

Isn't there some kind of restriction/a lot of red tape to move money from one company to another? I imagine he could do it, but wouldn't it be a total pain?

Isn't there some kind of restriction/a lot of red tape to move money from one company to another? I imagine he could do it, but wouldn't it be a total pain?

yeah, it seems like some people are under the impression that the company is totally owned by Ashley instead of majority controlled and those gains would probably only go some of the way to recovering some of the losses on the share price.

It's good news for the club, no matter if he puts a penny in or not. A owner that's losing money in his other ventures is much more jumpy and less tolerant. For me, he's had a good 6 or 7 months, thought he backed his manager well in the Jan window and I'm hopeful, despite his ham fisted attempts at PR, that we'll get the players in we need this summer.

Guest Roger Kint

does anyone know how much he put in last season and plans to for this season just on covering losses/running costs etc ?

Didnt he say he wasnt putting anything in this year in that statement?

Edit: Not on that statement. Sure it was said somewhere though :undecided:

Guest neesy111

does anyone know how much he put in last season and plans to for this season just on covering losses/running costs etc ?

the club will be self sufficient this season without any money from ashley

hopefully!

Getting back in the midtable bunch and not losing any money would be a good achievement, and a solid foundation to build on hopefully.

Guest neesy111

hopefully!

Getting back in the midtable bunch and not losing any money would be a good achievement, and a solid foundation to build on hopefully.

the figures should prove it will be, we still managed a turnover of around £50M last season despite the relegation, which for the championship has been unheard of

He promised to personally fund the club to £20mil per season originally.

To date, he's exceeded that (even if only as a short-term loan).

If the club stays on an even keel for a couple of seasons, the £20mil per year may still continue but naturally it would go towards player transfers & signing-on fees (I would imagine wages would be restricted to the club budget)

Not really, seeing as Ashley is majority owner of Sports Direct and sole owner of the club.

However, I'm sure the remaining shareholders would go mental if Ashley moved money out of the company into the club. The best we can hope for is that the increase in profits mean increased dividends for Ashley and that he'll want to put some of that money into the club, I can't see it happening though.

I think a better question would be who will spend on NUFC? Where are the investors?

The idea is for NUFC to spend on NUFC.  There's plenty of money their if the costs are reduced and those costs should start coming down drastically pretty soon IMO (as past transfer debts are cleared).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He promised to personally fund the club to £20mil per season originally.

To date, he's exceeded that (even if only as a short-term loan).

If the club stays on an even keel for a couple of seasons, the £20mil per year may still continue but naturally it would go towards player transfers & signing-on fees (I would imagine wages would be restricted to the club budget)

For as much crap as he gets, he's at least kept us afloat.