Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Quotes from Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier: Ben Arfa to Newcastle to happen" by Tues/Wed if player agrees wages "big if"

From Sunday Sun writer Neil Farrington on twitter

so expect some shit in the sunday sun about the deal being off due to wage demands

Guest malandro

It's just the thought that a player has to be being chased by 6 or so clubs to be considered decent :lol:

He is being chased by 6 or so clubs, one is Werder Bremer (CL club).

And Benfica (CL club).

Yet for some reason he wants to play for a club probably facing a relegation battle.

So what? By that logic anyone who wants to play for us isn't good enough to play for us.

Which puts us in something of a pickle. :idiot2:

He’s more interested in playing at the JJB than proving himself of at the highest level?

Most the players we have acquired on the cheap have improved the squad, but that says more about the state of the club than how good they are. There’s no pickle at all, only fudge.

Guest zinaldo1982

he is on 207.964.89 pounds a month so around 50.000 a week at least before tax so with the tax increasing here,we are going to need to up his wages to an extent because marseille would want us to pay the wages,i guess.

I'd be very surprised if we've got this far without knowing what he's on and being prepared to pay it.

its ashley, expect the unexpected

Knowing Ashley it was probably the second question we asked.

It's just the thought that a player has to be being chased by 6 or so clubs to be considered decent :lol:

And Benfica (CL club).

Yet for some reason he wants to play for a club probably facing a relegation battle.

So what? By that logic anyone who wants to play for us isn't good enough to play for us.

He’s more interested in playing at the JJB than proving himself of at the highest level?

Most the players we have acquired on the cheap have improved the squad, but that says more about the state of the club than how good they are. There’s no pickle at all, only fudge.

I don't understand how anyone can openly accept we're being run on a shoestring but then be unhappy with the players we're signing - one of which looks like being a current international who is knocking back clubs currently qualifying for Champions League football etc. It seems like a contradiction to me.

I'd be very surprised if we've got this far without knowing what he's on and being prepared to pay it.

the third being could you pay the wages for the year

Guest malandro

The first being do you want to buy the naming rights to a football stadium?

And Benfica (CL club).

He's played in the Champions League/international level etc at clubs to a similar level to Benfica already in Marseille and Lyon. Next step in his career is a stab at one of the bigger leagues and a stepping stone to a bigger club here.

The first being do you want to buy the naming rights to a football stadium?

:laugh:

'Would you print names on these shirts for us? Please?'

Well, well, well. It's looking good! Hope we can bring this thing home now.

The great thing about this, should we pull this off, is the fact that the outlay for this will only be £800,000! So it should hopefully allow us to spend a bit more money in other areas.

Well, well, well. It's looking good! Hope we can bring this thing home now.

The great thing about this, should we pull this off, is the fact that the outlay for this will only be £800,000! So it should hopefully allow us to spend a bit more money in other areas.

:idiot2:

Guest malandro

And Benfica (CL club).

I don't understand how anyone can openly accept we're being run on a shoestring but then be unhappy with the players we're signing - one of which looks like being a current international who is knocking back clubs currently qualifying for Champions League football etc. It seems like a contradiction to me.

I’m not unhappy, only sceptical. I’ll believe we’ve secured the services of top quality player when I see him proving it in black and white. Not on the basis of some random quote by a CEO who may well be using us to secure a bid from another club... one that is prepared to pay a transfer fee to sign a talented young player.