Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

Apparently the Marseille president is now saying that no formal agreement has been signed between us and Marseille yet, but that it could be soon. The people the Marseille forum seem to think that he is lying though.

this is just confusing  :frantic:

Guest malandro

Jean Claude Dassier has denied that a final agreement had been signed with the Magpies for the loan of Hatem Ben Arfa. ' Newcastle is interested. But financially it is today no agreement concluded .

From OM's website.

God knows what's going on. The Marseille fans reckon he's lying though, as literally every news agency in France is reporting it as agreed.

Now this is in the media NUFC are under huge pressure to seal the deal, because if they don’t there’s going to be a lot a very unhappy supporters. It wouldn’t be a surprise if OM/the player/his agent were engaging in a bit of hard bargaining.

Perhaps OM are doing to Ashley, what Ashley did to West Ham when we sold them Dyer?

Just because a deal isn't agreed doesn't mean that HBA isn't now talking to us (which is what Dassier actually said). It's now commonplace to talk to the player before agreeing the ins and outs of a deal, so long as the club allows us too.

Guest Heneage

It mentions financially it's not concluded, that to me suggests that while the loan fee may be set, the wages are being discussed.

I can't actually imagine Ashley being involved in these sorts of negotiations either, that will be Dirk's job, he will be required to stick within Ashley's "budget" though.

Guest malandro

I wouldnt be suprised if we are just being used to get other clubs to pay more by claiming we were close to signing him.

It can’t be ruled out, though I think it’s more likely to be something to do with personal terms – a free city centre pad, a cook, a helicopter to fly him back to France during the week so he can be with his beloved horses etc etc

I'm just sick of the whole saga. The thought that it could fall apart after all of this would be gutting tbh.

For me it's more a case of who'll have to be lining up in place of a young, pacey French International :no:

Same thing I know, just the way of looking at it, should it not go ahead that is which hopefully it will.