Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

If we get him I hope he does not turn into another n'somnia or robert!

Sorry should have made it a little clearer.

I hope that he does not turn into a player that has 5 rubbish games then 2 good ones and so on and so on and then the minute things don't go their way they start phishing around for moves to other clubs etc etc

the alarms just started going off in Ronaldo's head - he's a comin for ya!

I said I wouldn't post in this thread again!

but what your talking about Robert is absolute rubbish!

him and bellamy turned a team that was an average bottom half team, into one that qualified for champions league, and got to the 2nd group stage!

is that referring to me?  if so i never fucking said that and tbh neither did the other lad

probably should have just stuck with not posting mate

it was the other lad, apologies

Guest neesy111

him and bellamy turned a team that was an average bottom half team, into one that qualified for champions league, and got to the 2nd group stage!

SO why did Robert leave Newcastle Neesy?

do you remember the SOUNESS era, the one where he basically ruined the club, throwing out anyone that didn't agree with him at all

Trust me, I remember the Souness era and I fully appreciate that it was not a good time for the club and I know that he fell out with players but Laurent Robert PUBLICLY criticised Souness AND THE NEWCASTLE TEAM at the time. Now what I was getting at is if you want to carry on seeing players with that sort of attitude at the club then more fool you!

I never doubted the skill of Laurent and Charles just their attitudes when they get the hump!

Trust me, I remember the Souness era and I fully appreciate that it was not a good time for the club and I know that he fell out with players but Laurent Robert PUBLICLY criticised Souness AND THE NEWCASTLE TEAM at the time. Now what I was getting at is if you want to carry on seeing players with that sort of attitude at the club then more fool you!

I never doubted the skill of Laurent and Charles just their attitudes when they get the hump!

Robert went up in my opinion of him when he criticised Souness. He should be applauded for it.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe people have used examples of bad Newcastle/French players, and forgot this epitome.

http://www.quotidienmutations.info/images/boumsong.gif

Guest neesy111

He didn't critcise the team.

He just said the team wasn't as good as in the previous season, which was talking utter common sense, considering the previous season we we're 5th and that season we we're 11th/12th at the time.

He just said the team wasn't as good as in the previous season, which was talking utter common sense, considering the previous season we we're 5th and that season we we're 11th/12th at the time.

This tbh. Hardly the crime of the century when he was speaking sense.

The lil rascal eh? :lol:

"Are we better this year than last year? No, I don't think so," he said. "Are we the same? No, probably worse.

"I don't think we are playing as well this season as last. We have not played well in the last three games. We have been very, very bad. We were awful against Aston Villa and we lost at Tottenham and we were not playing good football.

"It is difficult to explain why we are playing so badly, but we have to get out of it quickly. Sporting are not as good as Marseille, they do not play such good football, but like last year, we are getting injuries and suspensions at the wrong time

I'm going to waste this day by going on a Laurent Robert youtube binge session.

I did that a few days ago after people had a Robert vs Solano argument.

The lil rascal eh? :lol:

"Are we better this year than last year? No, I don't think so," he said. "Are we the same? No, probably worse.

"I don't think we are playing as well this season as last. We have not played well in the last three games. We have been very, very bad. We were awful against Aston Villa and we lost at Tottenham and we were not playing good football.

"It is difficult to explain why we are playing so badly, but we have to get out of it quickly. Sporting are not as good as Marseille, they do not play such good football, but like last year, we are getting injuries and suspensions at the wrong time

Absolute disgrace. Don't want a cancer like that anywhere near the club ever again. Give me a "proper" player who'll blame poor performances on bad luck and dodgy referees over that any day.

However, though it pains me to say it, to be fair to Souness  (:puke:), hindsight showed he was probably right to get rid of Robert when he did (even though it was probably as much for non-footballing reasons as good judgement on his part). The problem was not replacing him adequately.