Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/07/jose-enrique-due-to-make-return-at-aston-villa-72703-28477281/

OMAAGAAAD

And it has emerged that Hatem Ben Arfa has pencilled in the May 1 visit to Liverpool to make his comeback from the horrific double leg break sustained at Manchester City in October.  

He went on: “You lose Leon Best and you gain Hatem Ben Arfa. That’s basically where we are.

“I don’t think Hatem will be involved for a while, and Liverpool will possibly be his first inclusion in my thinking.

Those quotes don't justify a very solid conclusion. Sounds like Pardew is just making an educated guess about when HBA might be ready to include in the squad.

Pardew says - “I don’t think Hatem will be involved for a while, and Liverpool will possibly be his first inclusion in my thinking"

Pardew means - i havnt an idea who Ben arfa is but let's say Liverpool anyways.

Well the bloke's not psychic, returns from injury are never exact.

We're all but guaranteed safety, so just take our time. Absolutely no need to have him on the pitch before he's good and ready.

That said, there's over £500k per league position available in prize money, wouldn't surprise me if that came into our thinking somehow... :(

£500 k is peanuts considering the detrimental consequences of a HBA setback. I'm fairly certain that the club will do nothing that risks its biggest star. They've handled him brilliantly so far imo.  He should be 1000000% recovered before he's used. I don't give a flying f*** if it results in him not playing again this season.

Pardew says - “I don’t think Hatem will be involved for a while, and Liverpool will possibly be his first inclusion in my thinking"

Good because he'd be a shit one. The point was pardew says one thing and later contradicts it, he shouldn't mention anything other than he may feature before the seasons end so not to get everyone excited

Guest johnson293

Pardew says - I dont think Hatem will be involved for a while, and Liverpool will possibly be his first inclusion in my thinking"

Good because he'd be a shit one. The point was pardew says one thing and later contradicts it, he shouldn't mention anything other than he may feature before the seasons end so not to get everyone excited

Aye, I understand what you mean.

Pardew mentions the Liverpool game, but if that arrives and Ben Arfa doesn't make the squad, some people will instantly think he's had a setback.

FWIW, I'd love to see Ben Arfa play again this season - but if we dont really need to risk him, I'd probably rather wait till he's had a full pre-season, so he's ready for next season.

As I've said, the last game of the season, home against WBA is perfect. Hopefully both teams got nothing to play for..

According to my predictions thel need something to stay up...

Aye,I wouldn't risk him against the animals that are Tamas and Olsson tbh.

What, ever?

Not sure I agree entirely with the molly-cuddling of HBA. If he is genuinely fit, let him play. Obviously, if he isn't that's another question but if you start pulling him from games where the opposition are a bit rough you're going to end up pulling him from a lot of games.