Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sessegnon's a good player, I'd put him in the Zog level but he's in the league below HBA and could only dream of putting in the kind of performance we saw against Everton.

How many other times have you seen Ben Arfa play?

I'd say a good 25-30 times now, watched various games when he was at Lyon and Marseille both league and European competition. Put in some great performances but some average ones as well, hopefully we can get that consistency out of him. Ability wise, i'd say that he's a step up on Sessegnon, who's a good attacking player but doesn't have the stand out attacking qualities HBA possesses.

I agree with most of what you are saying, but in terms of end product (in Ligue 1 anyway) there isn't a lot between them. Sessegnon is a very underrated player.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sessegnon's a good player, I'd put him in the Zog level but he's in the league below HBA and could only dream of putting in the kind of performance we saw against Everton.

I'd say a good 25-30 times now, watched various games when he was at Lyon and Marseille both league and European competition. Put in some great performances but some average ones as well, hopefully we can get that consistency out of him. Ability wise, i'd say that he's a step up on Sessegnon, who's a good attacking player but doesn't have the stand out attacking qualities HBA possesses.

Where did he play positionally when you saw him the most?

I agree with most of what you are saying, but in terms of end product (in Ligue 1 anyway) there isn't a lot between them. Sessegnon is a very underrated player.

In terms of end product, you're spot on, there isn't. I just feel that in terms of ability, in its rawest sense, HBA is in that league above.

Where did he play positionally when you saw him the most?

Winger, either right or left. Sometimes as a sub, sometimes as a starter.

Guest mimifrench

Anyone who compare Ben arfa to Sessegnon didn't have seen Ben arfa or Sessegnon play...  

Sessegnon is nowhere near what the player Ben arfa is and this at any level (tecnically, the ability, TALENT of course, vision of the game, etc.).

To evoke the "end product" of Ben arfa (compared to Sessegnon) is nonsense ! You don't have to look only at the matches Ben arfa played in BUT the number of minutes he has played during a season. And when you compared it to Sessegnon, you'll understand...

Ben arfa had never been given time in Marseille (above all with Deschamps) in order to impose himself in the squad, that is why he went to Newcastle : only to play. For example, when he played a lot of games in the second part of the season last year (as a starter) he scored many goals especially in the europa league and marseille succeeded in catch up with Bordeaux and become champion.

And for those who have doubts, i've followed Ben arfa since he was in Lyon and i watched all his games in OM...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Anyone who compare Ben arfa to Sessegnon didn't have seen Ben arfa or Sessegnon play...  

Sessegnon is nowhere near what the player Ben arfa is and this at any level (tecnically, the ability, TALENT of course, vision of the game, etc.).

To evoke the "end product" of Ben arfa (compared to Sessegnon) is nonsense ! You don't have to look only at the matches Ben arfa played in BUT the number of minutes he has played during a season. And when you compared it to Sessegnon, you'll understand...

Ben arfa had never been given time in Marseille (above all with Deschamps) in order to impose himself in the squad, that is why he went to Newcastle : only to play. For example, when he played a lot of games in the second part of the season last year (as a starter) he scored many goals especially in the europa league and marseille succeeded in catch up with Bordeaux and become champion.

And for those who have doubts, i've followed Ben arfa since he was in Lyon and i watched all his games in OM...

We have no doubts. We all love Ben Arfa :smitten:

"Sessegnon looks a lot better then Ben Arfa before his injury"

Clinically insane! :lol:

Players of similar quality tbh.

Ben Arfa's certainly a cut above in raw talent, either way its mental to say that Sessegnon looks a lot better :lol:

Guest mimifrench

I know, but for someone who have seen a lot of ben arfa and sessegnon games in France, to read that they are practically the same players is quite shocking  :lol:...

If Sunderland fans think that Sessegnon is better, good for them but if Ben arfa recovers well, you'll see the difference between an average player and a genius.

I know, but for someone who have seen a lot of ben arfa and sessegnon games in France, to read that they are practically the same players is quite shocking  :lol:...

If Sunderland fans think that Sessegnon is better, good for them but if Ben arfa recovers well, you'll see the difference between an average player and a genius.

Though your posts fill me with hope, i have heard the point about him being inconsisstent a few times before, which other than his recovery is my main worry for him. Any idea why this may be ?

Guest Wearside

Sessegnon is a quality player and really looking forward to seeing him next season after a full pre-season,he came he after being on strike at PSG and was not match fit,I've seen enough to know he is a class act though.

Not even going to get into the comparisons between Sessegnon and Ben Arfa because for one,I haven't seen enough of Ben Arfa to make a judgement and two,nobody knows how much the very,very bad injury he got will effect him.

Both cost similar transfer fees and only time to judge them is next season.

I sincerely hope when HBA has played 12 matches for NUFC he has been involved in gaining NUFC more than 7 points.

Sess is SAFC's 'Asprilla' signing - heading for Europe / 6th place  then .......

CRASH

Every post is a contender for Post of the Decade :lol:

Guest mimifrench

Though your posts fill me with hope, i have heard the point about him being inconsisstent a few times before, which other than his recovery is my main worry for him. Any idea why this may be ?

Of course Ben arfa is an inconsistent player, if he was not his name would be cristiano ronaldo and he'd play in real madrid !

The thing that has to be understood is that ben arfa has a "kind of playing/game" (sorry i dont know how to translate it) that make him inevitably inconsistent. If your game is based on tecnic, dribbles... of course it doesn't work every time.

But the fact that made me optimistic is during his last months in OM, he became quite consistent because he played regularly. So i hope he'll do the same in Newcastle.

Of course Ben arfa is an inconsistent player, if he was not his name would be cristiano ronaldo and he'd play in real madrid !

The thing that has to be understood is that ben arfa has a "kind of playing/game" (sorry i dont know how to translate it) that make him inevitably inconsistent. If your game is based on tecnic, dribbles... of course it doesn't work every time.

But the fact that made me optimistic is during his last months in OM, he became quite consistent because he played regularly. So i hope he'll do the same in Newcastle.

This. Which is why I'm looking forward to see how Newcastle fans react to his style of play, long-term.

Ils ont la reputation d'etre tres exigeant.

I sincerely hope when HBA has played 12 matches for NUFC he has been involved in gaining NUFC more than 7 points.

Sess is SAFC's 'Asprilla' signing - heading for Europe / 6th place  then .......

CRASH

What happened there then?  One of your students gone into a lampost whilst you were typing that?

CRASH

What happened there then?  One of your students gone into a lampost whilst you were typing that?

:lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I wouldn't be too worried. I'm no expert but surely there will be strains on muscles after such a long time out?

Guest palnese

I wouldn't be too worried. I'm no expert but surely there will be strains on muscles after such a long time out?

Aye. I'd be more surprised if he didn't suffer any setbacks.