Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would be even sexier if Perch wasn't first choice right back :undecided:

You mean the guy who hasn't played one competitive match for us yet?

..and people say we write off foreign players too quickly.

Great news this, really hope we get the deal done as he'd be a massive addition to the squad.

It'll be interesting to see if he's being bought to play in the hole, just off Carroll, or if he's being viewed as another option on the wings. I know he can play in a variety of positions, but does anyone actually have a real opinion on what his best position is? I've not seen him play enough to really know.

Signing Ben Arfa plus another striker would be absolutely ideal IMO, might be asking a bit much.

Guest firetotheworks

The Colocinni and Beye one's were the most painstaking for me. The Beye one was horrible and then surprisingly class though.

The Beye one barely registered with me. Didn't reckon it was going to happen and when it did it was a nice little surprise. The Colo one felt like forever and people were still moaning about us not signing him quick enough when he was sat in the directors box. Crazy stuff.

It was the Modric one that killed me. All that hope and excitement for it to be shit all over late at night by the Spurs official website. Then the cunt scored against us. Fuck sake.

Guest Heneage

The Colocinni and Beye one's were the most painstaking for me. The Beye one was horrible and then surprisingly class though.

Coloccini seemed to take an absolute age. It was broke from their end too was it not? Seems to be a pattern with us.

Guest firetotheworks

Arshavin was a bit of a shitter too.  Knew he wouldn't come but there was a tiny bit of hope I was clinging on to.

That was only shit in hindsight. The speculation didn't last very long iirc.

The Emre one did seem to go on forever, but I think that was partly due to immersing myself in youtube videos of him, and checking every conceivable website to see what was going on. Nowadays I just use this, it's better than Newsnow.

The Coloccini one was daft as f***. Reading those pdf fanzines from their website ffs.

I remember you loving that he was described as 'the Argentinian Power Station' or similar. Funny how things stay with you.

Like the Oba one where Roeder spent ages looking into his real age because Babayaro reckoned he was older than time itself.

Guest neesy111

The Coloccini one was daft as f***. Reading those pdf fanzines from their website ffs.

I remember you loving that he was described as 'the Argentinian Power Station' or similar. Funny how things stay with you.

Like the Oba one where Roeder spent ages looking into his real age because Babayaro reckoned he was older than time itself.

martins age i believe is older than what we are to believe

Oh aye I reckon he's older than 24 or whatever but I just remember that transfer dragging on and on. Weren't the Nigerian squad all meant to have their DNA tested at one point or something?