Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest zinaldo1982

So from reading a lot of news on this it looked at first like we were interested in buying him out right but suddenly decided to instead take him on loan,i think the club small financial status must have been the reason this.

So right now it looks like we are going to meet with them to conclude the deal but i wonder if the talks of them wanting £1 millions pounds aren't going to f up this deal,please ashley it is nothing to someone like you who is a millionaire,also with higher we finish the more money you are bound to make.

Win win situation.

That story is bollocks tbh. The bid (of 800,000Euros) has already been accepted. That is from NUFC sources and the OM president. The 1million thing has been drumed up by the same journalist (Sunday Sun) who has since said that the bid has been accepted, so nothing to worry about there.

The curious thing is the wages.

odd with wages alright can think of 3 possible things

1) we have yet to agree with om about covering his wages-unlikely if the bids been accepted

2) possibly ben arfa may want a top up on his wages

3) we've had a real transfer bid accepted for 800k up front and the rest over a period of time and haggling with ben arfa over wages-nah not likely is it

Guest zinaldo1982

Eh please don't shoot the messenger,just trying to not get my hopes high on this one,he is one of the most talented player i have ever seen,way better than nasri,benzema,gourcuff in the sense that he can do what they do but they can't do what he does,that is take the ball at full speed,dribble past 2 or 3 players and either score or make the right past.

Only ribery and menez come close to him in that department,he could be the saviour of the french national team for me,he is that good,like someone said he just needs someone to take him under his wings and truly trust him and let him blossom really,to really give him free reign and see what he does instead of always benching him after 1 bad game and leaving him there for up to 5 games in a row .

One of those articles I posted said that we'll be paying his wages and it was a condition that Marseille demanded we met before accepting our loan offer in the first place.

I can't see OM accepting a deal where his wages are not being paid. The main point of this deal is to clear his wages so we can add big player.

He played quite well on Saturday btw and set up Samassa's goal very nicely. The only part of the thread title I don't like is the idea of NUFC paying a loan fee. It is like paying rent in that you gain nothing and lose all the funds that you input.

I see your point, but the quality he would bring to our team would help us massively in the fight to stay up. It's well worth £800k to stay up this season.

Guest zinaldo1982

Anyway depending on how he does we could well sell him to united or city,to me ben arfa is better than the overrated adam johnson and almost every wingers in the premier league.

Anyway depending on how he does we could well sell him to united or city,to me ben arfa is better than the overrated adam johnson and almost every wingers in the premier league.

:lol:

we established that when you said he was better then Ribery to be honest

Guest zinaldo1982

He has more natural talent than ribery but it doesn't mean that he is going or is better because ribery is a fighter,they aren't that many players i would take in front of an in form hatem ben arfa let's put it that way.

Guest firetotheworks

Has anyone asked Caulkin if he knows anything about this?

He said the other day that he was told reports of the initial bid were true.

:thup: Cheers.

Just to stor this one up a bit more I came across This article this morning which basically translates as this

The attacking midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa International French (23, 29 Ligue 1 matches in 2009/2010, 3 goals) should leave Olympique Marseille quickly. His match against Caen was a priori that his farewell to fans Phoenicians.

If you do not know where he will sign (surely Newcastle), Hatem Ben Arfa has just refused to sign Hoffenheim and Rubin Kazan. Two clubs had offered € 7.5 million for his services. The Russian club offered him a salary yet but it seems insane that French international search of the best sporting challenge or his attraction to the Premier League

I didn't realise Rubin Kazan even made an offer for him?

Guest MrSundlofer

It's very usual with loan fee. I'm glad this is a loan and not a real signing. He's a fantastic player with great ability but I think there's a big chance that his attitude will be a problem at the squad. So if there is a problem we can send him back after a year.

Guest Geordiesned

Newcastle agree a deal for Hatem Ben Arfa - The Journal

NEWCASTLE United have agreed an 800,000 loan deal for Marseille’s France international Hatem Ben Arfa.

And Magpies representatives will meet the French champions today hoping to finalise a move in time for the player to play in the Premier League opener at Old Trafford.

Newcastle have been tracking the 23-year-old creative midfielder all summer and the loan deal took a significant step towards fruition over the weekend with a loan fee of around £700,000 agreed in principle.

Although the Magpies have been maintaining their silence on the deal for Ben Arfa, Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier confirmed after his side’s opening Ligue 1 game on Saturday night that negotiations between the two clubs were at an advanced stage.

Talking to a French TV station, he said there would be a further update on the Ben Arfa situation tomorrow or Wednesday with a move to Newcastle “probable”.

And Dassier revealed that more talks between the two clubs were planned for today.

The situation is complicated partly by Ben Arfa’s call-up for the France squad, which will make it more difficult for Newcastle to talk personal terms with the highly-promising left-footed midfielder.

It is understood that terms are yet to be agreed – and Ben Arfa’s agent Frederic Guerra told The Journal that negotiations were at such a state, it was “impossible” to comment.

Newcastle’s hand has been strengthened by the players apparent desire to come to the Premier League, despite interest from Hoffenheim, Benfica and a late bid by Russian side Rubin Kazan.

All were prepared to sign him on a permanent basis, but since it became clear that Roma were not to follow up their interest the player has had his heart set on a move to Newcastle.

Ben Arfa scored four goals in 34 games last year and made Marseille’s only goal after coming on as a substitute in their opening day defeat to Caen.

Of Tunisian descent, he is widely-regarded as one of France’s most promising young players but those expectations have hampered him during his time at Marseille, and his inconsistency has been a source of frustration for manager Didier Deschamps. After the game  he said: “People speak as if I have left but I am still a Marseille player. If I have to leave I will remember the three league titles, the fans and a splendid city. I will leave with only good memories.”

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton remained tight-lipped on the player on Saturday – merely saying that until the player is actually signed it remains a “rumour”.

However, Newcastle sources yesterday confirmed the deal to The Journal.

Hughton may not have been drawn on Ben Arfa but he did admit that Newcastle would be severely stretched if they fail to to make at least a couple of more additions before the season starts.

He hinted that he may still be looking to strengthen his back four, despite the signing of Sol Campbell a fortnight ago. The former Arsenal veteran will not play at Manchester United as he works towards gaining full fitness.

“I think we would be stretched if nobody was to come in before the end of the month,” Hughton admitted.

“At the moment, we must remember that, in terms of the defence, we have Danny Simpson who’ll be missing for seven or eight games and Steven Taylor who will be out for even longer. That’s two of our biggest players missing.

“I think we would be stretched if we don’t add. That doesn’t mean that we can’t get through, and it doesn’t mean that if we’re fortunate with injuries, we couldn’t cope. But we could be stretched and we’re aware of that.

“It’s about doing the right deal. We’re having a lot of players offered to us on a daily basis. There are players being offered all the time – some you know better than others, some you don’t know at all.

“That’s what this market is like; that’s what the transfer window does.”

Danny Simpson one of our biggest players?  :doh: shame its not far wrong in terms of his role

It's good man management.  Also it's a subtle message to Mike Ashley, without being a total prick about it.

gotta be a good thing this - let him play freely at home and try to open teams up that will come and sit deep

away from home be more cautious and maybe use him as an impact sub when things are tight

canny deal for me, assuming it goes ahead

if his heeds full of mince then it'll be fucked like

Newcastle agree a deal for Hatem Ben Arfa - The Journal

NEWCASTLE United have agreed an 800,000 loan deal for Marseilles France international Hatem Ben Arfa.

And Magpies representatives will meet the French champions today hoping to finalise a move in time for the player to play in the Premier League opener at Old Trafford.

Newcastle have been tracking the 23-year-old creative midfielder all summer and the loan deal took a significant step towards fruition over the weekend with a loan fee of around £700,000 agreed in principle.

Although the Magpies have been maintaining their silence on the deal for Ben Arfa, Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier confirmed after his sides opening Ligue 1 game on Saturday night that negotiations between the two clubs were at an advanced stage.

Talking to a French TV station, he said there would be a further update on the Ben Arfa situation tomorrow or Wednesday with a move to Newcastle probable.

And Dassier revealed that more talks between the two clubs were planned for today.

The situation is complicated partly by Ben Arfas call-up for the France squad, which will make it more difficult for Newcastle to talk personal terms with the highly-promising left-footed midfielder.

It is understood that terms are yet to be agreed and Ben Arfas agent Frederic Guerra told The Journal that negotiations were at such a state, it was impossible to comment.

Newcastles hand has been strengthened by the players apparent desire to come to the Premier League, despite interest from Hoffenheim, Benfica and a late bid by Russian side Rubin Kazan.

All were prepared to sign him on a permanent basis, but since it became clear that Roma were not to follow up their interest the player has had his heart set on a move to Newcastle.

Ben Arfa scored four goals in 34 games last year and made Marseilles only goal after coming on as a substitute in their opening day defeat to Caen.

Of Tunisian descent, he is widely-regarded as one of Frances most promising young players but those expectations have hampered him during his time at Marseille, and his inconsistency has been a source of frustration for manager Didier Deschamps. After the game  he said: People speak as if I have left but I am still a Marseille player. If I have to leave I will remember the three league titles, the fans and a splendid city. I will leave with only good memories.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton remained tight-lipped on the player on Saturday merely saying that until the player is actually signed it remains a rumour.

However, Newcastle sources yesterday confirmed the deal to The Journal.

Hughton may not have been drawn on Ben Arfa but he did admit that Newcastle would be severely stretched if they fail to to make at least a couple of more additions before the season starts.

He hinted that he may still be looking to strengthen his back four, despite the signing of Sol Campbell a fortnight ago. The former Arsenal veteran will not play at Manchester United as he works towards gaining full fitness.

I think we would be stretched if nobody was to come in before the end of the month, Hughton admitted.

At the moment, we must remember that, in terms of the defence, we have Danny Simpson wholl be missing for seven or eight games and Steven Taylor who will be out for even longer. Thats two of our biggest players missing.

I think we would be stretched if we dont add. That doesnt mean that we cant get through, and it doesnt mean that if were fortunate with injuries, we couldnt cope. But we could be stretched and were aware of that.

Its about doing the right deal. Were having a lot of players offered to us on a daily basis. There are players being offered all the time some you know better than others, some you dont know at all.

Thats what this market is like; thats what the transfer window does.

Maybe something in the Mancienne rumours.

Most of us are thinking of him playing either behind Carrol or as an AM. But according to some websites, his main position is as a LW. What if he came in on loan and then we sold Jonas foe 4-6M. We would be strengthened in the short term since many don't rate Jonas too highly but we would be in the shit when the loan ends. Would you guys be unhappy or is it acceptable as long as we reinvest Jonas' transfer?

Most of us are thinking of him playing either behind Carrol or as an AM. But according to some websites, his main position is as a LW. What if he came in on loan and then we sold Jonas foe 4-6M. We would be strengthened in the short term since many don't rate Jonas too highly but we would be in the s*** when the loan ends. Would you guys be unhappy or is it acceptable as long as we reinvest Jonas' transfer?

Can't see many better options than Jonas for 4-6 million especially at this stage of the transfer window.

Most of us are thinking of him playing either behind Carrol or as an AM. But according to some websites, his main position is as a LW. What if he came in on loan and then we sold Jonas foe 4-6M. We would be strengthened in the short term since many don't rate Jonas too highly but we would be in the shit when the loan ends. Would you guys be unhappy or is it acceptable as long as we reinvest Jonas' transfer?

being negative this is my worry, an ashley gamble (sell jonas, spend a little of the money on this loan fee & hope to stay up)

long season, we'd need both...jonas has the pace & workrate of our entire CM stock combined, losing him would be a terrible blow indeed

Most of us are thinking of him playing either behind Carrol or as an AM. But according to some websites, his main position is as a LW. What if he came in on loan and then we sold Jonas foe 4-6M. We would be strengthened in the short term since many don't rate Jonas too highly but we would be in the s*** when the loan ends. Would you guys be unhappy or is it acceptable as long as we reinvest Jonas' transfer?

We've got little, if any, depth in the wing positions. Dont see why we couldnt play Ben Arfa and keep Jonas. Im actually quite concerned at our lack of players on the wing, a long term injury to either Jonas or Routledge we've got a major issue.

Lets be honest here jonas may have workrate but his passing,crossing and shooting ability is absolute zero he looked good in the championship but his ability in the premier league is very limited if someone offered 4-6m for him id snap their hands off