Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think i'd switch Jonas to the right due to the lack of cover for Simpson from Obertan.

He played at Right Back for Argentina so he must be ok down that side.

Simpson  Saylor  Colo    Santon

Tiote

Jonas        Cabaye        Ben Arfa\Marv

Ober\Best

Ba 

:frantic:

I would say it's easier to drop Obertan at the moment, shove Jonas over on the right and Marveaux moves into his natural left wing position than accomodating benarfa at the moment. We will just have to wait and see how Pards sees things in training, if he's scoring and turning things on their head in training then it could be time for Best to come off as Ba is now firing on all cylinders!"!

All this Jonas on the right stuff neglects he hasn't played there for aaaages has he? Not saying he couldn't make quixk transistion, some players do but it could be a problem. I'd certainly want him over there to shield simpson once santon is established on the left.

All this Jonas on the right stuff neglects he hasn't played there for aaaages has he? Not saying he couldn't make quixk transistion, some players do but it could be a problem. I'd certainly want him over there to shield simpson once santon is established on the left.

Jonas plays with his right foot on the left, what would be the problem with him playing with his right foot on the right?  The only difference I can see is that he'll have space to his left instead of the right.  Other than that, he does move over to the right during games so it's not as if he'll be doing something that he doesn't do anyway, he'll just do it for longer periods.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

So, for you, Jonas Gutierrez must absolutely be a starter in your team ?

Yeah. Energy, work rate etc.

Obertan has done quite well in general play but he was very lazy for their goal and for the one which was disallowed. He shouldn't have been on the pitch at that stage and he is the one who should make way against Spurs.

Guest mimifrench

And for the goals ratio, it doesn't disturb you ?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

No, not really.

Not at all, we know Jonas doesnt offer much of a goal threat. Thats not what he is about.

Jonas does some things better than others in our team and football isn't just about scoring goals.  Jonas will track back and provide cover for the defenders, he can pick up the ball and take it forward and keep possession which can take pressure off us and give us a bit of time with the ball.  He also wins a lot of free kicks in dangerous areas because he protects the ball well when making runs up the line.

Jonas does some things better than others in our team and football isn't just about scoring goals.  Jonas will track back and provide cover for the defenders, he can pick up the ball and take it forward and keep possession which can take pressure off us and give us a bit of time with the ball.  He also wins a lot of free kicks in dangerous areas because he protects the ball well when making runs up the line.

exactly  O0 he also create space for his teammates drawing the defender away with his dribbling.

Guest hatem garrincha

I think in the long term, Marveaux will be the starter in the left. He's ten times better footballer than Jonas and is also known for his work rate.

I think in the long term, Marveaux will be the starter in the left. He's ten times better footballer than Jonas and is also known for his work rate.

no

Guest hatem garrincha

no

Did you see him play ?

Doesn't bother me.

Look at it this way. There are wide midfielders in the league that may score 12 goals a season, to Jonas' 2 goals. BUT if you took Jonas out of our starting line up we'd concede the difference over the course of a season. He is that important defensively, yet he still wins countless free kicks and moves us up the fields like no ther player we have.

Guest mimifrench

Always thought Gutierrez was a draft player, feel somrthing strange about him, don't know why.

Don't take offense but you are not going to play against teams like Wolves or Blackburn every week, i.e. teams who will miss a lot of goals, chances, etc.

It seems like you have struggled all the second half yesterday and Wolves deserved at least a point.

So that is why you should thinking about bringing some players (like Marveaux and Ben arfa) who will, with their tecnic and ability bring you other things to win a match. Of course, they can't defend like Gutierrez but they have a lot of more offensive capabilities and that is what we ask to a winger, offensive player.

It's just to warn you that you won't be lucky every week.

Guest Dontooner

funny how everyone is now a manager....i will be happy with all wingers as long as they provide wins for the team....

Jonas is going get slaughter when the team fails to score for a few games...or Marveaux if we concede  from the left side due to poor defending.

I say only change players when the forms breaks....it has really proven to work well especially in a competitive squad.

Imo only Ryan deserves to get replace for now(credit to him but he doesnt belong there) , until then we would not know if Jonas or Marveaux or Obertan should start.