Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

This all hinges on how well Marveraux can play off the ball and with the ball in his own half and the middle third.  I have no doubt that he is a better player than Jonas in the final third.

Marveaux is well known in France for his work rate.

He defends more than Hatem.

Has Marveaux ever played on the right?

sylvain is a complete footballer who can play as playmaker, off the striker and on the left. With Rennes, he had a free role in the front. I never see him play specifically on the right.

He also works and runs a lot during a match.

Thanks O0.

In that case, playing Marveaux on the left and Jonas on the right is probably best IMO. Jonas can also provide important defensive qualities to help the weakest side of our defence there (assuming Santon slots in comfortably at left back).

I don't understand your point : if he's a number 10, then you could play him behind your 2 forwards (so you don't have to drop one of them).

But then, if you want to play him off the striker, you should maybe later drop one of the striker and it'll be likely Leon Best.

And Ben arfa could also play on the wing... but Gutierrez is there.

We could play a lopsided 4-2-2-2  :crazy2:

Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with Jonas, Ben Arfa and Best behind Ba?

I still don't think we'll see Ben Arfa starting next week tbh.

I don't understand your point : if he's a number 10, then you could play him behind your 2 forwards (so you don't have to drop one of them).

But then, if you want to play him off the striker, you should maybe later drop one of the striker and it'll be likely Leon Best.

We don't have the team to be playing a diamond, plus as Chelsea discovered it's a formation that isn't suited to Premier League football. It would be very harsh to drop Best at the moment, so the only option would be to stick Jonas on the right and Ben Arfa on the left. Where does that leave Marveaux though?

Nice problem to have mind.

Guest mimifrench

We don't have the team to be playing a diamond, plus as Chelsea discovered it's a formation that isn't suited to Premier League football. It would be very harsh to drop Best at the moment, so the only option would be to stick Jonas on the right and Ben Arfa on the left. Where does that leave Marveaux though?Nice problem to have mind.

On the bench, with Obertan...

This seems to be the plan but as Prophet has said, it's really difficult to drop anyone at the moment. Quite a dilemma to have....

Krul

Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote

Jonas        Cabaye        Marv

HBA

Ba  Best

:snod:

Guest mimifrench

Krul

Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote

Jonas        Cabaye        Marv

HBA

Ba  Best

:snod:

Must admit it's a very sexy team, but only 3 defenders ?

Guest hatem garrincha

This all hinges on how well Marveraux can play off the ball and with the ball in his own half and the middle third.  I have no doubt that he is a better player than Jonas in the final third.

Marveaux is well known in France for his work rate.

He defends more than Hatem.

You seem to rate Marveaux very highly.

I now he is good but i don't rate him that high. Even in Rennes, before his serious injury, he wasn't "excellent".

And i never saw him playing off the striker.

Before his serious injury, he was "excellent" with Rennes and was knocking the door of national team.

I didn't say he played off the strikers, I said he has the ability to do so.

I spoke about his free role in the front with Rennes.

I rate him highly : Great technician, speed, direct, efficient and more disciplined than Hatem.

Guest hatem garrincha

We don't have the team to be playing a diamond, plus as Chelsea discovered it's a formation that isn't suited to Premier League football. It would be very harsh to drop Best at the moment, so the only option would be to stick Jonas on the right and Ben Arfa on the left. Where does that leave Marveaux though?Nice problem to have mind.

Marveaux on the bench ?! What a waste of talent !

I heard Pardew talking about a new style of football at Newcastle, different from the kick and rush of last season. A football on the ground, sequences of passes, one-two, one-two-three  :lol: and you want Marveaux on the bench ?!  :lol:

I repeat what I have already said : In long term - very shortly in fact  :lol: -  and in a natural way, the talent will speak  :)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I heard Pardew talking about a new style of football at Newcastle, different from the kick and rush of last season. A football on the ground, sequences of passes, one-two, one-two-three  :lol: and you want Marveaux on the bench ?!  :lol:

I repeat what I have already said : In long term - very shortly in fact  :lol: -  and in a natural way, the talent will speak  :)

I like how you rate Marveaux :)

Guest mimifrench

Of course i agree with you, Marveaux on the bench would  be a waste of talent ! But here in NO they don't want to put Gutierrez on the bench... So you have to make choices.

I absolutely think that if Ben arfa and Marveaux are introduced in the team and then you let them settle in a few matches, they'll never return on the bench. In term of natural talent they are above  :snod:

And last thing, Ben arfa is much more better than Marveaux : better dribbler, has an amazing acceleration in a little space and also his excellent vision of the game...

Marveaux is good but not THAT good. We have differents points of view  but that is what makes the debates better  ;)