Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Clearly useless with his right boot. Taking too many needless risks with his passing. Looks a tad evil with those eyebrows and that smirky grin, like he's just murdered an entire family before arriving at the stadium without leaving a single bit of evidence behind. Needs to shoot a bit sooner as we know he has the ability to strike a ball well. Should also be more open to playing on the wing, though we don't know if there is any basis behind the notion of him being reluctant.

:lol:

Richards went down for the penalty but HBA had jumped all over him, HBA had moved back to cover for Saylor being off field and so was putting in a defensive shift...shows why he's not asked to do that much. Silly silly cockup, hopefully he'll learn from it

Watch the highlights. Ben Arfa falls over him because richards collapses in a heap. The myth that english players don't dive is well and truly gone nowadays

Richards went down for the penalty but HBA had jumped all over him, HBA had moved back to cover for Saylor being off field and so was putting in a defensive shift...shows why he's not asked to do that much. Silly silly cockup, hopefully he'll learn from it

Watch the highlights. Ben Arfa falls over him because richards collapses in a heap. The myth that english players don't dive is well and truly gone nowadays

Just had another look. Richards went over after Ben Arfa shoved him in the back with his arm. With the way Richards is built, he could probably have stayed on his feet, but why bother when you've got a stonewall penalty.

Ben Arfa was almost directly behind him, with no chance of getting the ball cleanly. It was very naive.

Contact with arm to Micah Richards back. Ok doesn't absolutely have to but letter of law it;s a foul

It was more the 'arguably has to give it'. If he has to give it, then it isn't arguable.

On explanation that came out very pedantic and cuntish :lol: apologies.

when Ben Arfa does something it's high quality enough to get a wankfest, it's a question of how frequently in a game he displays that. Hence wanking over what he does, but overall performance not brilliant.

He's getting more influential every time he plays though and earned a 7 from me, though that's maybe kindly ignoring his penalty giveaway

My two-penneth, which I am going to give without engaging in the dick swinging that half of this thread do over a player of which we have seen nowt to little of:

He was good. That's it. Although that's nothing to do with lack of talent, it's to do with lack of the ball. He lost it on one or two occasions (as you expect from a flair player) but alongside Sammy he was easily our most creative outlet and showed a bit of class by creating two chances out of nothing - one for Ba in the first half and one for himself in the second. He's only going to get better with game time so I'd start him against Man United. At worst he gets minutes under his belt, at best he creates havoc and helps us collect a few points.

Now he's coming to fitness he's got to start somewhere.

My two-penneth, which I am going to give without engaging in the dick swinging that half of this thread do over a player of which we have seen nowt to little of:

He was good. That's it. Although that's nothing to do with lack of talent, it's to do with lack of the ball. He lost it on one or two occasions (as you expect from a flair player) but alongside Sammy he was easily our most creative outlet and showed a bit of class by creating two chances out of nothing - one for Ba in the first half and one for himself in the second. He's only going to get better with game time so I'd start him against Man United. At worst he gets minutes under his belt, at best he creates havoc and helps us collect a few points.

Agree with all that

Completely agree.