Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

i can see the logic of best and ben arfa, one player who can play with back to goal bringing in ben arfa, whereas Ba may drop back and not be in the box when needed, but seemed ok against City and ultimately wouldn't take off someone on scoring form. It's really tough on Best who has earned my respect, but it's Ba and Ben Arfa for me, and drop Ba for best at 70 mins or so when Ba tires (or for ben arfa if he's knackered)

Best vs Ben Arfa really is an apples vs oranges comparison, can't we just have both?

Best Ba with Ben Arfa behind them will tear Ferdinand a new one imo.

don't have the class in the fullback department to play that way unfortunately

Im really tired of this 'Best runs more and will batter the opposition more' argument. Not sure about you lot, but I pay a hell of a lot of money to be entertained. Not to watch Best used as a battering ram (and stand offside on multiple occasions). One of the main reasons i like HBA and want him to do so well is because he entertains. We clearly want to play good exciting football, then if thats the case you need him in your team and either Best or Ba to move over. Ba is in form so it has to be Best for me.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Ben Arfa and Gemma Barr for me on Saturday like. When playing against international class defenders you need players with the ability to create, innovate and generally do something unexpected and different. I think best's a bit too predictable and more suited to playing the 'lower' end sides

Ben Arfa and Gemma Barr for me on Saturday like. When playing against international class defenders you need players with the ability to create, innovate and generally do something unexpected and different. I think best's a bit too predictable and more suited to playing the 'lower' end sides

Innovate. :lol:

Get real.

So much nonsense being spouted in this thread,Best will do this,Best will do that. Pass the ball to Ben Arfa's feet and he'll be much more effective than Best because he a much,much better footballer,simple as that. I see 'Ben Arfa's useless when we haven't got the ball' myth has already made an appearance too,despite evidence and comments from our manager to the contrary.

So much nonsense being spouted in this thread,Best will do this,Best will do that. Pass the ball to Ben Arfa's feet and he'll be much more effective than Best because he a much,much better footballer,simple as that. I see 'Ben Arfa's useless when we haven't got the ball' myth has already made an appearance too,despite evidence and comments from our manager to the contrary.

It's not as simple as that!

What's simple is that Best has participated in a team that has grafted well and reached third.

That's why it's not simple.

Those of you who therefore can't see it's not a straightforward simple decision are yourselves simplistic.

:)

Some good posts over the last couple of pages - there are arguments to play Best but at the end of the day they're conservative ones. They're based on caution and worry about upsetting the team and fear of our opponents.

HBA is a magical player, no defender can keep him quiet for 90mins. As hard as it is on Best, who has given a lot for us, the two players are worlds apart. Ben Arfa gives us a chance of hurting Man Utd and Chelsea, so he will play.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Get real.

He's an innovative player, he does things others can't do and couldn't think of

Guest icemanblue

Some good posts over the last couple of pages - there are arguments to play Best but at the end of the day they're conservative ones. They're based on caution and worry about upsetting the team and fear of our opponents.

HBA is a magical player, no defender can keep him quiet for 90mins. As hard as it is on Best, who has given a lot for us, the two players are worlds apart. Ben Arfa gives us a chance of hurting Man Utd and Chelsea, so he will play.

In a nutshell.

Get real.

Get real. :lol:

Get real.

I'm with you on this one. Besides, Best off the bench is a good option if we are chasing a point with time running out, enabling us to drop Ben Arfa a bit deeper to try and create something in the mix with Best fresh and raring to go.

there are arguments to play Best but at the end of the day they're conservative ones. They're based on caution and worry about upsetting the team and fear of our opponents.

Well, no.

Mine is based on both what we've achieved with him, and the belief that Ba will play his best football with a player prepared to do the donkey work for him and open up space higher up the pitch. Ba needs someone willing to play in front of him.

Get real.

Which players are you talking about?

there are arguments to play Best but at the end of the day they're conservative ones. They're based on caution and worry about upsetting the team and fear of our opponents.

Well, no.

Mine is based on both what we've achieved with him, and the belief that Ba will play his best football with a player prepared to do the donkey work for him and open up space higher up the pitch. Ba needs someone willing to play in front of him.

Fair enough, obviously I can't speak for everyone. Even if Ba is slightly more suited to playing with Best, I think the combination of Ba and HBA will more than make up that compromise. Anyway, we'll see, they're both good options.

I just think a fundamental part of an exciting football team is a player like Ben Arfa, we haven't had one for so long I just want him to play every minute he can.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Get real.

Which players are you talking about?

Newcastle players! Are you on your period? You seem awfully argumentative and pointlessly ratty

Hang on, because Ben Arfa can do thing that other toon players can't he's an f***ing innovator? :lol:

Look the word up, man.

What's so wrong with calling him an innovator like?

On the pitch, he tries things that very few players can. It's a fair use of the word for me.