La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

just been watching the highlights  with Hudson as co-commentator.....don't know whether to be embarrassed or laugh...maybe laugh then :lol:

(that well known site:  type ......Barcelona vs Real Sociedad 5-0 All Highlights 2010 Barcelona 5-0 Real Sociedad)

some snippets

quantum physics taken to another level that Einstein would shake his head at.

Messi is the flux capacitor for this team....the Dolorean works

the weapon of messi destruction

this is a buxom goal and we like buxoms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to Marca, Atlético manager Quique Sánchez Flores is nearing the sack and the confidence of the board is broken. Although they might be trying to unsettle the team before the Cup derby with Real Madrid.

Still, they do need a better manager but I don't trust them with a good appointment. There's no money to attract a top manager.

Quite like Atletico, hope they get someone good in.

VI, just wondering what makes you post on a Newcastle board? Or is Newcastle your second club or something?

I stumbled upon this board when Sir Bobby died. I had lots of time for him as a manager and person and thought about seeing what fans of his club thought about him. I ended up liking the place and the indigenous life, so here I am.

I don't have second clubs other than CF Badalona, but I certainly want you to do well.

I was thinking about this yesterday when watching Barca. Who could they actually sign to improve their first XI? For me, while C.Ron is a better player than Pedro, I don't think he'd improve the Barca first XI, as the balance they have up top at the moment is pretty much spot on. I don't think C.Ron would press the opposition defence as much, which Barca do a lot. Possibly a new LB, although Abidal's a very good player. What's anyone elses opinion on this? VI in particular. 

We are mostly lacking in depth. I think our starting XI is the best for the way we set out to play but our squad is thin. I have barely seen Afellay play, but for the little glimpses in our shirt he looks at least to be in the same wavelength as the rest of our boys so hopefully he'll blend into our system. Ideally I'd love to have a pacey forward that we can bring in on certain games, giving us what Eto'o or an on-form Henry provided.

Also Puyol is getting on and I'd like to have another top CB lined up. We have a number of promising CBs in our B team, and hopefully at least one can make the stepup.

Oh, and Cesc Fàbregas.

I have Abidal down as the best LB in the world. I refuse to rate Cole, purely because I don't like him. Evra doesn't seem to be as awesome as he once was.

I dont watch any Serie A so I can't judge any of their left backs.

I think C-Ron would ruin the balance of Barca.

Carles is still class though. I think they just need to start blooding their youngsters ready to replace Abidal,Puyol and Xavi, although I think Xavi can play till his mid thirties.

Xavi is starting to feeling the weight of being first choice since he was 20 though. Of course the WC hurt his recovery but this season he had strong fatigue and muscular problems and had to be used sparingly until his body recovered. The problem is of all the likely successors, even Cesc, they look more like AMs than CMs. Not that you can replace a player like Xavi at the drop of a hat, but we have to start working on it.

Yea, I thought you were a bit thin, particularly in the centre back department. I can only really think of Milito as a back up CB unless you move Abidal inside. Caceres is still a Barca player as well isn't he? How's he been playing this season?

It was more just the idea of improving the first XI that crept into my mind. Pretty much every team can always sign a player who will improve their first XI, but I couldn't really think of one for Barca, with the exception of maybe Evra or Casillas, with the likelihood of the latter happening being about 0%.

EDIT: Aren't they trying to groom Thiago to be Xavi's replacement?

Valdés is the best goalkeeper there is for Barça. There are better shot-stoppers out there, but they aren't as good at playing the keeper-sweeper role. Casillas is on decline too, I'd rather have De Gea who at 20 is just incredible.

Abidal has been fantastic for us. Never makes much noise, but it's one of those players you rarely ever see putting a foot wrong.

Cáceres has been allright. Nothing great. Don't think he's a Barça-level player really.

EDIT: Thiago is more an AM than a CM. He is more Iniesta than Xavi so to speak. The younger Dos Santos is the player more like Xavi that we have in our B team, but he has stagnated these past two years. 

Haven't Barca lost Marquez, Henrique and Chygrynskiy without signing a replacement? Thats the only 'weakness' I see, although don't know what to think about Abidal.

Henrique has never played an official game with a Barça shirt, so can't count him. Decent CB, just don't good enough and doesn't seem to handle pressure well. I'd have stuck with Chygrynsky but he was sold to balance the books and Márquez was a liability in his waning years. Abidal at CB is fine, although he's just much better as LB. With Milito staying (who I rate), and the odd guest appearance of Fontàs/Bartra we should make through the season, but we need something else for the next season imho. At some point Puyol's legs will definitely fall off.

Guest neesy111

If Rooney get's back to full fitness and form, he would be perfect for Barca in the 4-3-3 system they play.

Instead of?

Pedro.  Also that would allow them to be able to rotate their strikers more often.  Bojan isn't good enough for me, he's too weak for me.