How to make yourself look like an idiot

womblemaster

It's pretty obvious a club like Blackpool don't have the pulling power or catchment of really good players. They're going to go down, it's pointless bankrupting themselves when relegation really is inevitable. The reporter asked him if, conceivably, Blackpool could begin the season as they finished it last year. The guy said yeah, and that it was a far better approach than the likes of Hull or Portsmouth. Which is absolutely spot on. It's be a travesty for them to fall into heavy financial trouble simply because they've made it to the Premiership.

Holloway's a decent manager. They should give it a shot with what they have; it's definitely the best way to do it.

hahahahahw ot an idiot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8893938.stm

DOes this bloke look out of his depth or what?!

:iamatwat:

No. He sounds like he's got a realistic grasp of the situation.

Not many Chairman are able to express themselves as well as that. It was an interesting interview.

Yep, i admired the honesty that flowed from that interview. It was basically just a seven-minute long shrug of the shoulders. There's not a lot the guy can do, and it's simply a measure of the Premier League today. I'm not denying they've overachieved but they're not even gonna get a fair crack of the whip this year. I really hope they don't do a Derby; they've got some very likeable people at that club.

"It was basically just a seven-minute long shrug of the shoulders"

exactly hes out of his depth. Its unprofessional for a chariman to admit he cant handle the pressure; hes admitting to failure.

Surely the halfwits can find players from somewhere in the world .....either out of contrat or loanees.

He is admitting to incompetence.  IF i was a fan of blackpool i would be livid; the chairman looks like a country bumpkin.

Having said that, i wish politicians were this honest!   it would be refreshing.

Guest HGB1892

"It was basically just a seven-minute long shrug of the shoulders"

exactly hes out of his depth. Its unprofessional for a chariman to admit he cant handle the pressure; hes admitting to failure.

Surely the halfwits can find players from somewhere in the world .....either out of contrat or loanees.

He is admitting to incompetence.  IF i was a fan of blackpool i would be livid; the chairman looks like a country bumpkin.

Having said that, i wish politicians were this honest!   it would be refreshing.

If they can find some half decent player maybe they can point us the their direction as we're sadly lacking.

AHh ic the staff at Blackpool must have pointed the chairman in the direction of this thread, and he finally got off his arse and signed someone.....

"The Seasiders have also acquired French trio Ludovic Sylvestre, 26, Elliot Grandin, 22, and Malaury Martin, 21.

Ex-Barcelona trainee Sylvestre joins from Czech side Mlada Boleslav, former Marseille player Grandin from CSKA Sofia and Martin was last with Monaco. "

Well done to them for taking my advice, now give me abloody job!

OFcourse I wont be happy if those players score against newcastle....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8904013.stm

They're going down whoever they sign, so why the fuck would they build up debt and strangle the club in the lower leagues for years instead of taking the money and building a new stand and the best second division team they've had next season. Being a top championship/ yo yo club should be their first aim, which they aren't at the minute, never mind trying to stabilise in the prem.