Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

Maradonna should go to Man City, imagine what he'd do with all that money at his disposal, he'd buy Jonas and put him on more than Yaya.

Confirmed - from our one recognised "ITK" on Saturday - that there is absolutely no interest in Bob Bradley.

There's someone who posts on VillaTalk (which, normally, I would rank alongside the Daily Mail in the "things to read for enjoyment" stakes, but hey, these are interesting times) who works for the CAA, and has access to airplane movements at Birmingham airport. He's kosher, before anyone starts doubting.

He says that, intriguingly, Lerner's private jet went off to Milan on Sunday morning.

Can't remember who, but a pleyr said that the borad should hire Kev Mac permanently

Saturday was excellent. OK, West Ham were poor, but you can only beat what is in front of you. Kevin McDonald has done absolute wonders with the reserves for years now, but I think it is daft to be suggesting a permanent appointment on the basis of one game. He's a great coach, being a manager is a different kettle of fish.

Petrov made some interesting comments in that article.

Pundits said it was impossible to play James Milner because of the distraction of his proposed transfer to Manchester City but MacDonald's faith in the midfielder was vindicated and his decision to include a couple of academy graduates, Ciaran Clark and Marc Albrighton, brought instant reward. But perhaps the most impressive aspect of Saturday's display was the tactical change that allowed Villa to play as if the shackles had come off.

"Every manager has a different style and Kev has a different vision on how we can play, and we showed we can be faster and play with more freedom," Petrov said. "We are moving the ball quicker. We try to hurt teams, not just play on the counterattack, and we created a lot of chances. It could have been a different result, not just 3-0. He gives us a new way to play, more freedom, and when you know exactly what you need to do, it makes it easier to perform."

Incidentally, the character assassination of Lerner as MON's media friends jump to his defence has been remarkable. All this shite about becoming a selling club. I don't remember anyone calling Spurs that when they sold Carrick or Berbatov. They're also talking as if we've sold Ashley Young, as well, which is just ridiculous.

The fact is, Milner said he wanted to go. He had made his mind up before the end of last season (and incidentally, part of the reason was the row he had with O'Neill about being played when he was injured). Throughout the summer, MON repeatedly sounded like the one who wanted Milner to go, not the chairman.

The fact is, Lerner asked MON to do something about the wage bill, particularly in reference to players on big money who do not get used. He said he would, he then didn't do anything about it, and stropped off when reminded of it.

There is not, bar Mancini, a single manager in the league who does not have to juggle squad members, manage a budget (both transfer fees and wages), not a single one. Redknapp has spent most of the summer talking about how he needs to do it, for example. Look around the PL, hardly anyone has bought anybody in.  Why should MON be any different at all to all those other managers?

Regardless of how you view MON's time with us (and some, lots, of it was great), the ultimate fact is that having spent 120m pounds in four years, he was asked to do some clever stuff with the wage bill, to slow down for a while, for the first time, and said he would, then ummed and aahed about it, then walked out five days before the start of the season.

That's really pretty poor stuff.

The fawning over him by Holt and Winter is embarrassing. Winter even saying he was too good for football. :puke:

Marcotti is the only one in to see O'Neill for what he is.

The fawning over him by Holt and Winter is embarrassing. Winter even saying he was too good for football. :puke:

Finding myself in agreement with that flabby Big Four fellating bell-end is quite revolting. Although I think he was very harsh on MON in the past.

Holt had a rant about General Krulak's comments on Sunday Supplement yesterday, calling him "Colonel thingy" or something, who the hell is he, and why is he using this title etc etc. I don't particularly care for matters military, but he's a former commander of the USMC, a national security advisor to US presidents, and has worked with Lerner for years. To listen to that prick Holt, it was like he was talking about Colonel Tom Parker or something (google him, young people).

It really is all a bit pathetic.

Finding myself in agreement with that flabby Big Four fellating bell-end is quite revolting. Although I think he was very harsh on MON in the past.

Holt had a rant about Klingon High Commander General Krulak's comments on Sunday Supplement yesterday, calling him "Colonel thingy" or something, who the hell is he, and why is he using this title etc etc. I don't particularly care for matters military, but he's a former commander of the USMC, a national security advisor to US presidents, and has worked with Lerner for years. To listen to that prick Holt, it was like he was talking about Colonel Tom Parker or something (google him, young people).

Seriously tho, if you've been in the millitary and held a high rank dont you retain the titl, even in civ life?

Holt had a rant about Klingon High Commander General Krulak's comments on Sunday Supplement yesterday, calling him "Colonel thingy" or something, who the hell is he, and why is he using this title etc etc. I don't particularly care for matters military, but he's a former commander of the USMC, a national security advisor to US presidents, and has worked with Lerner for years. To listen to that prick Holt, it was like he was talking about Colonel Tom Parker or something (google him, young people).

Seriously tho, if you've been in the millitary and held a high rank dont you retain the titl, even in civ life?

Regardless of whether you do, or not, it says an awful lot about that prick Holt that he fixated on that. What a moron.

Still, when Holt retires, I shall continue using his title, "That Prick From The Mirror, Oliver Holt".

was listening to the sunday suppliment podcast yesterday and the fawning over mon was ridiculous levels why the hell do the media like him so much

Probably gives the journo's what they want - decent interviews/soundbites/access.

If you do this you're way less likely to be hung out to dry by them.

was listening to the sunday suppliment podcast yesterday and the fawning over mon was ridiculous levels why the hell do the media like him so much

Probably gives the journo's what they want - decent interviews/soundbites/access.

If you do this you're way less likely to be hung out to dry by them.

Keegan was like that. And they loved him

• 2 weeks later...

Said a while ago it would be Curbs. There's few quality managers about and it's not a hugely enticing opportunity. Curbishley will get the gig by default.

Curbs will see them safe and quite possibly get them top half but they won't progress under him.

Massive step backwards from O'Neill. They'd be better off keeping McDonald on a rolling deal until someone better becomes available during the season. Finishing outside the top 7 would be a poor season for Villa