Who do you want to win the league? (Within reason)

LiquidAK

Manchester City

agreed - breaks up the "big 4" and that will put real pressure on someone's budget for 2011-12

also gets right up the nose of Manure fans

Expect lots of s*** from the Man U loving media about them 'buying the league' as if Man U bought Ferdinand for 30,000,0000 magic beans.

still a big difference!

how the hell can anybody say Citeh...fuckin moneybags! would be bad for football.

Any worse than it is now? Part of me wants them to win just because it would be an empty victory. So you had limitless money and won the league? Oh. Well done.

Manchester City

agreed - breaks up the "big 4" and that will put real pressure on someone's budget for 2011-12

also gets right up the nose of Manure fans

Expect lots of s*** from the Man U loving media about them 'buying the league' as if Man U bought Ferdinand for 30,000,0000 magic beans.

still a big difference!

How so?   Man United loved the football free market when it allowed them to build up (albeit more slowly) a team made of some of the best players in the world thanks to their financial clout in both the wage and transfer market.  When Chelsea and Man City come along and throw more cash about, they can hardly cry foul, it's the same system that kept them at the top for so long.

The days of Derby or someone working their way up from the lower teirs with a good manager, shrewd transfer work and team spirit and a little bit of ambitious investment to challenge for the title have been gone for decades.  It's 90% money, be it Man U's old money or Man City's new money.

how the hell can anybody say Citeh...fuckin moneybags! would be bad for football.

Any worse than it is now? Part of me wants them to win just because it would be an empty victory. So you had limitless money and won the league? Oh. Well done.

I sort of agree with this, it would be so empty and pointless and virtually nobody would get any pleasure out of it. I'd think even a lot of city fans would have to admit they just bought the title.