Huntelaar

sempuki

Guest the_serbian_mag

We are the toon We are the toon and he will win a cup this year. We will sign quality cuz that's what is expected of us.

Errrr...yes, that'll be it.

surprised in a way that Roeder is 'after him' as I was expecting him to go after a more physical target man type of player

anyway Roeder will need to scout him for the next year or 2 before making a decision ala Kuyt

I got the impression that we were after a target man in the summer. Nothing surprises me about Roeders fuckups/retarded lies/Sibierski.

Huntelaar wouldn't touch us with a bargepole at present - he probably would have done had the club tried to sign him after we played Herenveen a few years ago, but both he and NUFC have moved in opposite directions since.....!!

Suspect we'd be blown out of the water by the likes of Milan, Barca etc if he was for sale.

And yes, Oliver has proved his credentiials once again - Huntelaar is 23, not 26.

Only way NUFC could sign the likes of Huntelaar is if the takeover goes ahead and the club stay in the Prem. Unlikely that he would be allowed to move until summer at least, and even that's doubtful..(the takeover as well as Ajax allowing him to go !!!).

Guest Moe-Ali

Ive been watching this fella for a while now.

No we will not get him.

Thats all i have to say.

He might just be the most promising striker in the world right now.

If we were to somehow get him...it would be a waste because hed be in our own end the whole of his career.

BECAUSE WHAT WE REALLY NEED ARE DE-FUCKING-ENDERS.

Guest the_serbian_mag

No we will not get him.

Thats all i have to say.

If we were to somehow get him...it would be a waste because hed be in our own end the whole of his career.

BECAUSE WHAT WE REALLY NEED ARE DE-****ING-ENDERS.

What are 'DEENDERS' ?  tongue.gif

I've seen Huntelaar playing for Heerenven, and for Holland U21 earlier this year, and he really is a good player.

But hey, I didn't believe we'd get Owen. And we did....

No we will not get him.

Thats all i have to say.

BECAUSE WHAT WE REALLY NEED ARE DE-****ING-ENDERS.

What are 'DEENDERS' ?  tongue.gif

I've seen Huntelaar playing for Heerenven, and for Holland U21 earlier this year, and he really is a good player.

But hey, I didn't believe we'd get Owen. And we did....

Keep dreaming unless the takeover happens...

Aston Villa midfielder Steve Davis was strongly linked with a move to United over the weekend, but Roeder is not interested.

The Magpies are well off in midfield, but if they do find they want to strengthen here they have a player in mind with a Premiership club - and it's not Davis.

Joe Cole tbh

Perhaps I'm being overly (and unusually) optimistic but if Roeder is looking at players at the top end of the market like Huntelaar does this mean we have money to spend?

Could be.  Or could just be Oliver propaganda, who knows.  Imo there'll be money to spend though, and probably always was, but we'll spend our way out of trouble if necessary as the alternative to not spending would be ruin.

Aston Villa midfielder Steve Davis was strongly linked with a move to United over the weekend, but Roeder is not interested.

The Magpies are well off in midfield, but if they do find they want to strengthen here they have a player in mind with a Premiership club - and it's not Davis.

Joe Cole tbh

Steve Sidwell

Joe Cole tbh

Steve Sidwell

I thought maybe Sidwell as he's on a free but Roeder and Cole seem to have a close relationship, with him struggling for first team chances at Chelsea since they've shifted to 4-4-2, I reckon Roeder would jump at the chance to sign him if Emre does leave.

Guest Deep456

We are the toon We are the toon and he will win a cup this year. We will sign quality cuz that's what is expected of us.

Did you get an A* in the Freddy Shepherd School of True Newcastle Fans? Or was it just an A?

Well I got A* but top marks in the country tbh.

Huntelaar is class, worth getting rid of Owen for him if we can land him whilst theres still the tiniest of chances.

Apart from Given, Taylor, Martins and Zog, I wouldnt mind us selling any 2-3 players to land him if we needed to. The type of striker who'll bag 30 if hes given consistent service.

Guest Deep456

TAYLOR is crap. Don't you people get this.

Huntelaar is class, worth getting rid of Owen for him if we can land him whilst theres still the tiniest of chances.

Apart from Given, Taylor, Martins and Zog, I wouldnt mind us selling any 2-3 players to land him if we needed to. The type of striker who'll bag 30 if hes given consistent service.

United were also linked with Celtic striker Shaun Maloney over the weekend, and although they will have a high-powered delegation at Parkhead tonight - including Roeder and chairman Freddy Shepherd - for the Champions League game with Manchester United, I am told there is no specific player they are watching.

Good call. I hadn't thought of that.

Most reasonable explanation if Oliver's prediction was correct.

Cheers

Ok, stupid question cos I really can't think of the answer to this.....................

Why would a 'high powered' delegation travel all the way upto Glasgow to view the match if they have no intention of watching a player?

Surely they could sit on their fat arses (Aye, thats right Freddie) in front of the TV?

What benefit will they get from being there?

Probably there to meet up with Manchester United reps rather than Celtic reps, regarding Rossi.