Huntelaar

sempuki

and if Huntelaar comes here - i WILL die of shock.

Well, just take a look at the last "big thing" Ajax had, Van Der Vaart.  Who would have thought he would have went to Hamburg..

Knowing how much we can over pay for players and then give them ridiculous wages, it wouldn't suprise me THAT much.

not really

Champions League football, massive stadium, Kevin Keegan, great attacking football, many great players.

Hamburg are waay bigger than us - in the top 20 European clubs of all time whereas we are only just in the Top 40.

United are desperate for a couple of strikers, while another central defender and a left-back would come in more than handy in January. The whole football world - including the agents - know that United are desperate for new players, and fans can expect all sorts of weird and not-so-wonderful names to be thrown at them in the next couple of months.

Our only RB is bleedin Car!!! imo this is the position we need to fill the most!!

Not bothered about Huntelaar or Emanuelson.

We need players like Luke Young, wayne Bridge, Upson and Collins John sooner rather than later, no more Luque's and Boumsongs or any other big money gamble's for the time being thanks Lets get a decent squad and if our current manager has not turned things around for us by xmas its time to start looking for someone who can long term.

Guest GHoeberX

not really

Over the past 3 years Hamburg SV has definitely been the better team. And I'm not saying that because Rafael van der Vaart is playing there.

About Huntelaar going to Newcastle United:  :lol:

About Anal Oliver: :lol:

And Emanuelson is a good player. Of course not a defender of the level of the PSV-defence, but still Urby is quite a good wing(defender). Lately he's playing more often on the midfield btw.

I agree they are a better team than us at the moment, and have a history, but am i wrong in thinking that they have only really been anything special in recent times in the last few years??

They've always been a special club, whereas when we have been at our most special, we have failed to reach the heights of Hamburg.

I suppose, i dont really know too much about their history but they would strike me as a team in the position we was in a few years ago, just as likely to end up how we are now (well not quite how we are now, but ups and downs etc).

I agree they are a better team than us at the moment

They're currently second bottom of the Bundesliga with 1 win from 13.

i think im just going to shut up, first I disagree,that gets knocked back,  then I consider the resoning, and then that gets shunted!lol

You should also consider that we have the benefit of being in the Premiership, which is in recent years at least considered a more attractive place to play in than the Bundesliga.

IMO, Even considering Hamburg's history, mediocre premiership club>mediocre Bundesliga club is what most players would think.

And another important factor people seem to miss is that we'd probably pay him a hell of a lot more as well.

Still can't see it happening, could Huntelaar even partner Martins/Owen anyway? And if Owen is to ever get fit, how the bollocks can a club our size attempt to keep three £10M+ (similar-style) strikers happy?

And another important factor people seem to miss is that we'd probably pay him a hell of a lot more as well.

Still can't see it happening, could Huntelaar even partner Martins/Owen anyway? And if Owen is to ever get fit, how the bollocks can a club our size attempt to keep three £10M+ (similar-style) strikers happy?

Dyer ------------------ Parker ------------------ N'Zogbia

--- Owen ------------ Huntelaar ------------- Martins ----

?

Totally hypothetical btw. That'd be better suited to Luque n'all. :lol:

Nice thinking.

Good Glen has realised what everyone here realised when we played Heerenveen. I will maybe forgive Glenn as he was yet to return to the club.

But finger and pulse are scrambling to get together from John o groats to lands end.

Smacks of unsettling both players, and im quite suprised Roeder has come out and said it considering his normal stance on talking about players that arent ours.

Good player, reasonably strong but not the type of player we need to be spending stupid amounts of money on, and it would certainly be stupid amounts of money, if he was even interested.

Good player, reasonably strong but not the type of player we need to be spending stupid amounts of money on, and it would certainly be stupid amounts of money, if he was even interested.

Well it'd certainly be £10m+, but if this takeover goes through and we get amounts of money to spend in the summer (i'd rather we kept the spending down to a minimum this window), we might be alright. If they ask for 20million Euros, that's £13m there or thereabouts.

Dyer ------------------ Parker ------------------ N'Zogbia

--- Owen ------------ Huntelaar ------------- Martins ----

?

Totally hypothetical btw. That'd be better suited to Luque n'all. :lol:

Funny, cos the more i think about that, the better i think it looks. :lol: 

So long as we buy/loan a stopgap striker(s) in January, to give us a respectable position come May, we've got more to spend in the summer. If we can get Huntelaar in, get Ameobi and Owen back from injury and keep Luque - the three-striker formation looks quite feasable. Five strikers, two of which are used to playing on the left side of a three-pronged attack (Martins and Luque). Two who are used to playing through the centre (Shola and Huntelaar), and then Owen who can probably play anywhere.

I'm talking totally pie in the sky, i know, but i just like to go on these raves every so often.

Atleast i'm better than Roeder. :wink:

We are the toon We are the toon and he will win a cup this year. We will sign quality cuz that's what is expected of us.

Did you get an A* in the Freddy Shepherd School of True Newcastle Fans? Or was it just an A?

United were also linked with Celtic striker Shaun Maloney over the weekend, and although they will have a high-powered delegation at Parkhead tonight - including Roeder and chairman Freddy Shepherd - for the Champions League game with Manchester United, I am told there is no specific player they are watching.

Ok, stupid question cos I really can't think of the answer to this.....................

Why would a 'high powered' delegation travel all the way upto Glasgow to view the match if they have no intention of watching a player?

Surely they could sit on their fat arses (Aye, thats right Freddie) in front of the TV?

What benefit will they get from being there?

Probably there to meet up with Manchester United reps rather than Celtic reps, regarding Rossi.