Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

dunno like, ';ve been railing against the avowed desire of many on here screaming for wingers and 4-4-2 for long enough (in fact my very first post on a message board was about back in the days of.nu.......................how the f*** do i remember these things ?)

You clicked on 'search'?

Anyway, wingers are essential. A second striker may not be, so long as the foremost attacking midfielder is Ben Arfa as opposed to Kevin Nolan.

clicked on search ? ....what are you on about ?. .nu was a board three or so versions before this one.

edit. oh wingers arent essential,creating space through width is (unless you are describing pires and ljungberg as "wingers" ?)

I think with so much reliance on Carroll, (who's primarily an aerial threat) we need two fairly conventional wingers in the side.

so because carroll has come to the fore in the last 9 month or so, thats vindication for wanting wingers all the time since gillespie/ginola........thats what i'm getting at. (i'd like to add that i think carroll is much better on the deck than he;s given credit for)

I was referring to our current side/system, not football in general.

Carroll's far better in the air than he is on the deck.

depends, carroll is better on the deck outside the box, better in the air inside the box.

He isn't a potent threat from outside the box. In the box he has the potential to be dynamite.

hes not a goal scoring threat outside the box but sheareresque in the way that the best balls put into the box last season were from him.

“He can fire Newcastle to a top-six finish and win the player of the season award above names like Rooney.” :lol:

where you watching it  keef ?

The King Street Run, probably, or might try somewhere closer to home if I can find a place it's on.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Man, it really was. Just seems odd, though to be honest, last season the crowds only picked up towards the end when people realised we were winning/going to win the league. Last home game surprised me at how all these people had returned from no where for a full house.

Guest Roger Kint

“But he told me during the World Cup that, as long as Newcastle stay in the top-flight, he would like to ­finish his career there.”

You are welcome to come and join him Leo.....