Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He's not better than Huddlestone, man.

The Black Frankenstein & Cheick are complety different players though.

Yeah. And there's no chance that one would replace the other. Frazzle said he thought he would get into Spurs' team.

Tiote's brilliant, but not top 6 material.

Yeah. And there's no chance that one would replace the other. Frazzle said he thought he would get into Spurs' team.

He is like.

Looking at how Mr T has settled into our team he would be ahead of Wilson Palacios in the spurs pecking order who is more like CT.

From the performances this season he's easily top 6 material. I think it's clear to see that the top 4 from last season and Manchester City are clearly the best 5 teams in the league, you'd probably say Liverpool are the 6th despite their poor start to the season.

If we're looking it at player for player then he must be, would you rather have Lucas Leiva? The thing you've got to realise is top teams can make average players look better than they are, and although there aren't many in those sides you'd have to say Tiote has been exceptional and practically carried a midfield that we consider to be very weak.

I don't think he's top six material yet, but after a couple of years playing in a settled PL midfield, he could easily get there. The potential is there.

A couple of years!? I think the 'top 6' have been put on a pedestral here, it's hardly the footballing gods and Bolton are there at the moment.  There can only be a handful of players at most in the PL who are better than Tiote at his role, IMO, and therefore he has to be considered top 6 quality.

I don't think he's top six material yet, but after a couple of years playing in a settled PL midfield, he could easily get there. The potential is there.

A couple of years!? I think the 'top 6' have been put on a pedestral here, it's hardly the footballing gods and Bolton are there at the moment.  There can only be a handful of players at most in the PL who are better than Tiote at his role, IMO, and therefore he has to be considered top 6 quality.

He's only started 10 games man. He looks like a brilliant acquisition, but you can't just say he's one of the better holding players in the league. It takes at least a season of consistency to make a judgement like that.

He's only started 10 games man. He looks like a brilliant acquisition, but you can't just say he's one of the better holding players in the league. It takes at least a season of consistency to make a judgement like that.

Do you reckon Muamba is better than him?

There's difference between saying he needs a few years to get to top 6 quality and saying he needs to prove he's consistent in playing to a top 6 standard though.

I was arguing he is top 6 standard already, obviously if he doesn't keep this form up then you can't say he's that standard but from what I've seen of him he's good enough to play for a better team.

No. What has that got to do with anything?

I was arguing he is top 6 standard already, obviously if he doesn't keep this form up then you can't say he's that standard but from what I've seen of him he's good enough to play for a better team.

Well, yeah obviously I agree.

I thought you were saying he wasn't top six standard yet?  I was saying he's a that standard now.

I thought you were saying he wasn't top six standard yet?  I was saying he's a that standard now.

He's playing to a high standard at the moment, that's what I agree with.

He is in the top 6 atm & is a DM.

Top 6 at the minute. I highly doubt Bolton will finish in the top 6.

Top 6 at the minute. I highly doubt Bolton will finish in the top 6.

So are you going off last seasons top 6?