Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Leicester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson admits he'd love to buy Newcastle United midfielder Cheik Tiote.

Eriksson worked with Tiote at the World Cup with Ivory Coast.

“He is a fantastic human being, absolutely first class. He is top,” Eriksson told the Sunday Sun. “I am very happy for him because he deserves every success he has. He works hard, he is a good, good person and it does not surprise me that Newcastle fans and the manager there like him so much.

“To be honest I would like to buy him (for Leicester) but we can’t take him from Newcastle!”

It's only a matter of time before he does a Didi Hamman and goes to a "big" club.

FFS, can people stop saying stuff like this about all our decent players.

This. Getting so fucking old now. This small-time club mentality is being created by our fans on here more than anything. We sold Given and N'Zogbia because they wanted to go. We sold Milner because £12 million was a ridiculous fee for him. The only problem there was it was a shame it wasn't reinvested.

Can anyone tell me any other players we've sold because they were in good form and Ashley thought we'd cash in?

Fuck me, I understand we're always kind of on the edge of our seats with Ashley, but it's so annoying that our own fans class us as a selling club with absolutely nothing to prove it.

It's only a matter of time before he does a Didi Hamman and goes to a "big" club.

FFS, can people stop saying stuff like this about all our decent players.

This. Getting so f***ing old now. This small-time club mentality is being created by our fans on here more than anything. We sold Given and N'Zogbia because they wanted to go. We sold Milner because £12 million was a ridiculous fee for him. The only problem there was it was a shame it wasn't reinvested.

Can anyone tell me any other players we've sold because they were in good form and Ashley thought we'd cash in?

f*** me, I understand we're always kind of on the edge of our seats with Ashley, but it's so annoying that our own fans class us as a selling club with absolutely nothing to prove it.

Agree with the sentiment but it's not really backed up by your examples. Milner was sold and not replaced - hence it was a sale for cash, the actions of a selling club. I believe Ashley intends to see the club have a West Ham style system as opposed to an Arsenal one - ie scout/nurture good talent on the cheap and sell at a profit.

Still, talk of Tiote leaving is a bit premature!