Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

In a world where the £25 million would be re-invested in new players I would take it in a shot.

You'd sell one of our best and arguably our most important player?

If his mind is elsewhere then he needs to go for the best price we can get for him.  He was awful tonight - no denying he is a great player, but he seems to be trying to avoid injury with a view to going elsewhere.  I don't want to lose a focussed Tiote, but this new, not improved version?  Not really that arsed.

In a world where the £25 million would be re-invested in new players I would take it in a shot.

If his mind is elsewhere then he needs to go for the best price we can get for him.  He was awful tonight - no denying he is a great player, but he seems to be trying to avoid injury with a view to going elsewhere.  I don't want to lose a focussed Tiote, but this new, not improved version?  Not really that arsed.

he hasn't hit the form of last season. i'd put it down to taking it's time forming a partnership with cabaye, now i'm not so sure.

Any evidence of this, or just the one poor display?

he hasn't hit the form of last season. i'd put it down to taking it's time forming a partnership with cabaye, now i'm not so sure.

Just like Jose before him thinking his next move... he was saying it is honer to be link with bi teams fuck off bugger.....

How about avoiding injury because he wants to keep playing games for us? :lol: Or maybe he just prefers to not be injured?

Nah, there is more to it than that I reckon.  I'll be sad to see him go, but as I've said previously - someone is going to leave and he'd be the one who we'd have least problem filling the gap (in that we have more players in midfield than other areas - not necessarily as good).

With him and Obertan on the pitch today we were playing with 9 men effectively at times.

No evidence no, just what I thought based on tonight's game.  The old Tiote was brave to the point of being reckless, but there was no challenges going in tonight that I saw and no real interest.  It could just be a minor blip, but if/when he goes to Chelsea in Jan I an gonna come back and say I told you so :)

No evidence no, just what I thought based on tonight's game.  The old Tiote was brave to the point of being reckless, but there was no challenges going in tonight that I saw and no real interest.  It could just be a minor blip, but if/when he goes to Chelsea in Jan I an gonna come back and say I told you so :)

It's his second game back from injury, he might not be fully fit. As for the latter part of your statement, it'll be a proud day from you, I'm sure.

Someone is going to leave in Jan, I see negative Tiote as being far preferable to Collocini, Krul or Ba (although it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that one or more of those might go as well).

The £25m WILL be invested in new players, we'll get 2 "free" transfers and give them 4 year contracts at 40k a week and then when you take into account agents fees, that's all the money gone.  Free transfers are this years expensive transfers...at least at Newcastle anyway.

CoLoccini tbh.

It's his second game back from injury, he might not be fully fit. As for the latter part of your statement, it'll be a proud day from you, I'm sure.

Not really, I've just come to accept that every transfer window one of our top performers will leave.  Its a sad indictment of where we are....

Someone is going to leave in Jan, I see negative Tiote as being far preferable to Collocini, Krul or Ba (although it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that one or more of those might go as well).

The £25m WILL be invested in new players, we'll get 2 "free" transfers and give them 4 year contracts at 40k a week and then when you take into account agents fees, that's all the money gone.  Free transfers are this years expensive transfers...at least at Newcastle anyway.

CoLoccini tbh.

I don't think Collocini will leave simply because we will be utterly up shit creek if he does and surely even Ashley can see that.

Not really, I've just come to accept that every transfer window one of our top performers will leave.  Its a sad indictment of where we are....

Any evidence of this either? I already know the answer like.

CoLoccini tbh.

I don't think Collocini will leave simply because we will be utterly up s*** creek if he does and surely even Ashley can see that.

I'm confident Coloccini won't leave, I was just pointing out his name is spelt as Coloccini, not Collocini.

Well I think the evidence of that is in the likes of Carroll and Enrique - players sold to the highest bidder and with the money never reinvested.  I should say here that I think the Carroll deal was a fantastic bit of business and Ba has proven to be more than acceptable a replacement.  That doesn't take away from the fact that we are a selling club and every player has his price (as alluded to by none other than the manager)

Well I think the evidence of that is in the likes of Carroll and Enrique - players sold to the highest bidder and with the money never reinvested.  I should say here that I think the Carroll deal was a fantastic bit of business and Ba has proven to be more than acceptable a replacement.  That doesn't take away from the fact that we are a selling club and every player has his price (as alluded to by none other than the manager)

We sold Carroll for a silly amount of money and Enrique wanted out.  I'm not naive to think Ashley and co wouldn't consider a substantial bid for any of our players but to talk like as if a sale is guaranteed is ridiculous.

Holy s***. Just flicking through here, but are we on the 'body language' kick with Tiote in place of Enrique, now? :lol:

Well only geordiemonster and Ethi.

Well I don't know what the Enrique body language thread was BUT the fact is Enrique's body language suggested he wanted to leave and it is an undisputed fact that he no longer plays for us.....