Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Am I going mad here or is it not the responsibility of the person who wants the visa to sort it out?!

I'd blame the club.

I have to get CRB checked and it's the responsibility of my employer to tell me when it's due for renewal.

Makes you wonder why he application didn't go in earlier.....:whistle:

Nothing to do with the club though obviously. Perish the thought. Not us boss....

Pricks.

Stil don't see how you can say this when we have no idea when an application went in, or even if it could go in before Tiote presented himself at the embassy.

You think this was planned like this by the club? To have our best midfielder training by himself, missing pre-season games while this is getting sorted? :lol:

It's an admin fuck up. The club should have realised months ago that they had to renew his visa but did nothing about it until he tried to fly back into the country from the US. Its a shambles.

He didn't try to fly back into the country though. The plan from the start was for him to fly direct to Ghana post the preseason tour.

I'd expect 99% of clubs to sort paperwork like this out for the player. It's not like he applied for the job of DM after sending a cv into Llambias. We wanted him so we should have done everything necessary. The club fucked up.

Nothing to do with the club though obviously. Perish the thought. Not us boss....

Pricks.

Stil don't see how you can say this when we have no idea when an application went in, or even if it could go in before Tiote presented himself at the embassy.

You think this was planned like this by the club? To have our best midfielder training by himself, missing pre-season games while this is getting sorted? :lol:

It's an admin fuck up. The club should have realised months ago that they had to renew his visa but did nothing about it until he tried to fly back into the country from the US. Its a shambles.

He didn't try to fly back into the country though. The plan from the start was for him to fly direct to Ghana post the preseason tour.

Why not do it over the summer then? Why fuck up his pre-season preparations to deal with this shit? Doesn't add up.

Didn't know we had to whipe his a$$ for him too.  I get it, hes a professional footballer, arguably our best player - but its 50/50 here, for all the details that are out there. 

I'd expect 99% of clubs to sort paperwork like this out for the player. It's not like he applied for the job of DM after sending a cv into Llambias. We wanted him so we should have done everything necessary. The club fucked up.

And they have. All that was then required was for the player to present himself to the embassy and the Ivorians to do their shit that end.

/No doubt Mike was adverse to paying the inevitable bribes mind.

//I still have nightmares about getting out of a country by wrangling a dodgy tourist Visa, fucked if I'm going back there. :buck2:  

Pricks.

Why not do it over the summer then? Why fuck up his pre-season preparations to deal with this shit? Doesn't add up.

That's the only thing really, and I agree. I presume they had been advised that it would have been a pretty straightforward and quick procedure.

And to be fair, it probably should have been.

/Once you're there at the mercy of bureaucrats though... *shudder*

And they have. All that was then required was for the player to present himself to the embassy and the Ivorians to do their shit that end.

//I still have nightmares about getting out of a country by wrangling a dodgy tourist Visa, fucked if I'm going back there. :buck2:  

So why does this only happen to us? What are other clubs doing that we aren't to avoid this?

So why does this only happen to us? What are other clubs doing that we aren't to avoid this?

No idea about other clubs, but then I certainly doubt many, if any, suporters of other clubs know about Tiotes case.

It's not in the national press is it?

No idea about other clubs, but then I certainly doubt many, if any, suporters of other clubs know about Tiotes case.

I bet Wenger knows. And Bruce for that matter.

???

Meh, whatever, let's just hope he's back as soon as possible. :thup:

So that's a no then, it more than likely isn't just us.

You're asking me to answer that question for every other football fan? :lol:

The managers of the opposition who we play imminently will know.

Nice edit. :thup:

Initial applications

To be eligible for a work permit:

a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Had Tiote, when he signed for us?

Initial applications

a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Surely he must have, otherwise his work permit would have been rejected first time round?

And he must have had a work permit to play for FC Twente too.

You're asking me to answer that question for every other football fan? :lol:

The managers of the opposition who we play imminently will know.

Nice edit. :thup:

:lol: Not going to get into an arguement over it. :thup:

/was just pointing out that 'why is it only us' is more than likely not to be the case.

Initial applications

Surely he must have, otherwise his work permit would have been rejected first time round?

Fairly sure the Dutch are a bit more liberal in terms of visas.

He started every game in the World Cup, and featured in all three ACN games earlier in 2010. Maybe NUFC just got some two bob settlement visa together last summer, and now its fucked itself...

Initial applications

He started every game in the World Cup, and featured in all three ACN games earlier in 2010. Maybe NUFC just got some two bob settlement visa together last summer, and now its fucked itself...

To renew a visa you just have to have played in 75% of your clubs game you were eligible for.

Initial applications

To renew a visa you just have to have played in 75% of your clubs game you were eligible for.

Has he? I asked earlier in the thread.