Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Lotus, how would you know this? (paid less)

Pardew's wages are linked with our wage bill and our debt. It's also possible that his wages are linked to league position, qualifying for Europe, cup wins, etc. Couldn't say. We know that they are linked to the wage bill and the debt though. So, if he thinks he can get by with what we have then that's what will happen. Logical enough. It's his job and he has a set of objectives that can affect what he earns, naturally enough, they will influence his decisions. As they would yours and mine.

Have i missed something?  I mean I've seen people mention it before, but never thought anything of it other than speculative bollocks.

How would anyone 'know' this? (aside from Pardew etc obviously)

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's wages are linked with our wage bill and our debt. It's also possible that his wages are linked to league position, qualifying for Europe, cup wins, etc. Couldn't say. We know that they are linked to the wage bill and the debt though. So, if he thinks he can get by with what we have then that's what will happen. Logical enough. It's his job and he has a set of objectives that can affect what he earns, naturally enough, they will influence his decisions. As they would yours and mine.

Have i missed something?  I mean I've seen people mention it before, but never thought anything of it other than speculative bollocks.

Its bollocks, good bollocks but bollocks all the same.

6 weeks out.

Sorry like, but people must stop with the 'unlucky not injury-prone' line. Total liability, unfortunately.

Yep. Not fit to be first choice.

Criminal, absolutely criminal that we didn't get one more over the line in the summer. Just makes the summer that much more damning evidence of how the board has got it all wrong in terms of player recruitment and sales.

Taylor is a good player but has proved himself to be nothing more than a squad rotation player, his injury record is utterly shit.

From a "club source" just before Pardew took over...

“Two or three experienced people in football have been sounded out and told those are the terms and conditions.

“All have been told the same thing; they will be rewarded for results and results only. There will be no £1.5million signing-on fee and no compensation clauses in their contract. The bottom line is Mike Ashley wants value for money and just as in his businesses, he expects to get it. The new manager will not be handed a treasure trove of cash to spend and nor will he be handed a contract which means he can be rewarded for failure.

“He will be handsomely rewarded if he brings success to Newcastle United and will not be rewarded if he fails. Mike Ashley wants an experienced manager at one of the biggest clubs in the land. But he wants a manager on his terms and those terms are simple; every penny has to be spent wisely and the club must continue to head in the right direction towards the top end of the Premier League table.

“The club will be run along the same lines that Mike pays his top executives at Sports Direct – a very good basic wage but big bonuses for results.

“The new manager will be expected to buy into the new vision. You get paid by results, developing the club and moving it forward.

“The old guard in football are saying we have never done this before. Ashley might end up with egg all over his face but in five years’ time the cynics might be thinking otherwise. I don’t think any club in England would be run like this but this is a businessman running a football club as a business. Whether that is right or wrong only time will tell.”

“They have talked to two or three people, laying out the terms and conditions and then asking, ‘Are you brave enough to take it on?’

“We will find out which one is brave enough to do that on Thursday or Friday. Mike wants the club run to Ashley rules, not football rules. That means no signing-on fee and no big compensation clauses in their contracts. There can be no rewards for failure.”

“The new manager will not be handed a treasure trove of cash. Mike wants an experienced manager at one of the biggest clubs in the land, but he wants one on his terms and those terms are simple.

“Every penny has to be spent wisely and the club must continue to head in the right direction towards the top end of the Premier League table.The bottom line is that Mike wants value for money and just as in his businesses, he expects to get it.”

“Martin (Jol) has put himself in a good position, but he would have to accept these terms and conditions and it would not be a way he has worked before.”

Guest bimpy474

“Two or three experienced people in football have been sounded out and told those are the terms and conditions.

“All have been told the same thing; they will be rewarded for results and results only. There will be no £1.5million signing-on fee and no compensation clauses in their contract. The bottom line is Mike Ashley wants value for money and just as in his businesses, he expects to get it. The new manager will not be handed a treasure trove of cash to spend and nor will he be handed a contract which means he can be rewarded for failure.

“He will be handsomely rewarded if he brings success to Newcastle United and will not be rewarded if he fails. Mike Ashley wants an experienced manager at one of the biggest clubs in the land. But he wants a manager on his terms and those terms are simple; every penny has to be spent wisely and the club must continue to head in the right direction towards the top end of the Premier League table.

“The club will be run along the same lines that Mike pays his top executives at Sports Direct – a very good basic wage but big bonuses for results.

“The new manager will be expected to buy into the new vision. You get paid by results, developing the club and moving it forward.

“The old guard in football are saying we have never done this before. Ashley might end up with egg all over his face but in five years’ time the cynics might be thinking otherwise. I don’t think any club in England would be run like this but this is a businessman running a football club as a business. Whether that is right or wrong only time will tell.”

“They have talked to two or three people, laying out the terms and conditions and then asking, ‘Are you brave enough to take it on?’

“We will find out which one is brave enough to do that on Thursday or Friday. Mike wants the club run to Ashley rules, not football rules. That means no signing-on fee and no big compensation clauses in their contracts. There can be no rewards for failure.”

“The new manager will not be handed a treasure trove of cash. Mike wants an experienced manager at one of the biggest clubs in the land, but he wants one on his terms and those terms are simple.

“Every penny has to be spent wisely and the club must continue to head in the right direction towards the top end of the Premier League table.The bottom line is that Mike wants value for money and just as in his businesses, he expects to get it.”

“Martin (Jol) has put himself in a good position, but he would have to accept these terms and conditions and it would not be a way he has worked before.”

Ahh the old club tomato sauce.

Still unproven bollocks.

"A Newcastle FC insider made an interesting claim to us. The story goes that while manager Alan Pardew draws a relatively low basic salary, he stands to earn much bigger amounts in bonuses based around the profit he makes for the club on player sales. Which would have made Andy Carroll's 35m transfer rather good business. And Jose Enrique's imminent transfer to Man Utd or Liverpool more likely than the "fantastic new contract"said to be on offer."

Whether it's true or not it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was, especially after last summer.

You don't remember Golfmag do you?

I don't really understand the claim that Pardew is paid based on transfer profit. It's always stated by people who also say he doesn't have anything to do with transfers.

Even for Ashley it would be incredibly harsh to pay someone based on something that isn't their job.

And also, if he degraded the team to such an extent he would lose his job, and the club would regress (which BTW is opposite to some of the other stuff in those same quotes).

Guest bimpy474

You don't remember Golfmag do you?

Your point being ?

We're buying low and clearly desperately trying to sell high. Our finances are nowhere near as bad as they claim so why keep playing this game?

Anyway, whether you believe it or not just remember we've been told many times not to trust these people, including Pardew, who apparently heard about his job offer months after we did (thanks golfmag)

http://www.nufc.com/html/2009-10html/2009-10-02kk-vs-nufc-ours.html

I don't really understand the claim that Pardew is paid based on transfer profit. It's always stated by people who also say he doesn't have anything to do with transfers.

Even for Ashley it would be incredibly harsh to pay someone based on something that isn't their job.

And also, if he degraded the team to such an extent he would lose his job, and the club would regress (which BTW is opposite to some of the other stuff in those same quotes).

He's the boss though Ian, he decides what Pardew's job is.

He's the boss though Ian, he decides what Pardew's job is.

Course, I'm just saying that everyone seems to accept that Pardew isn't really responsible for transfers. Then they also claim he's paid based on the outcome of transfer dealings. I just think that's a contradiction.

You do realise he has signed a new contract since then though? So even if that bit about his wages being transfer related (which I'm pretty sure are bollocks anyway), that wouldn't matter since the clauses and wages and everything else is probably different in his new contract.

You do realise he has signed a new contract since then though? So even if that bit about his wages being transfer related (which I'm pretty sure are bollocks anyway), that wouldn't matter since the clauses and wages and everything else is probably different in his new contract.

He only signed it recently and *conspiracy theory bait* after the last transfer window.

I wouldn't imagine the terms of the new contract aren't all that different to the last one with probably just a rise in basic wage and future targets reassessed. The gist of it will be set in stone.

What worries me is that even when Taylor is fit he shouldn't be in our first team, he simply not a great footballer, good for the oddhollywood block. That said Williamsons much worse, he can't even win headers without pulling a shirt.

Coloccini has made them both look good in the past.

Give Perch his chance alongside Colo, at least both play the ball on the floor.

But really, you have no idea what his contract looks like.

http://media.twirlit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nicolas-cage-you-dont-say.jpg

There's quotes on this page which spell it our fairly clearly. Add in what golfmag said days before Pardew was even mentioned for the job and  :whistle:

You've put words into my mouth there.